Assignment #7 INDUSTRIAL

The Exxon Refinery from atop the Louisiana State Capital Building in Baton Rouge, LA

ExxonFromCapital005.jpg

Gears on a "I have no idea what it is" contraption. This was found on an abandoned wharf jutting out over the Mississippi River just south of the I-10 bridge in Baton Rouge, LA
Gears05.jpg

Graffiti panted on a metal-sided warehouse facing the Mississippi River in Baton Rouge, LA. I didn't know if you could enter more than one and I had the afternoon off today and thought about this assignment and had some fun with it.
MississippiRiverGraffiti02.jpg

Great image, Rolland. I always go out of my way to avoid power lines and fences. You, however, grabbed them, embraced them and used them. Two thumbs up.

Gears on a "I have no idea what it is" contraption. This was found on an abandoned wharf jutting out over the Mississippi River just south of the I-10 bridge in Baton Rouge, LA
Gears05.jpg

I really like this one! Looks like a painting or a mural of some sort. :thumbup:

Now, for something completely phallic....:lol:

workweld.jpg

Clutch you can enter as many as you want, however often you want. The purpose is to go out of your comfort zone and to search for a great picture. I really liked your entries! The gears... Very awesome..
Phran, very nice.. I love the sparks!
Everyone you are doing a great job, keep it up!

Thanks, BB. My work schedule gets me off work at noon every Friday and on occasion I use that to go out and "burn some film", so to speak. I liked the idea of the "Industrial" theme because of the heavy concentration of industry along the Mississippi River down here. I quickly discovered how much security had been added to those plants since 9-11. But, in my afternoon of seeking photo ops for the subject I found a public arboretum near my home I didn't know existed and also visited the hallowed grounds of the Port Hudson National Cemetery as I plod along the Mississippi River. Heck, I'm looking forward to my next Friday afternoon themed shoot!

Thanks, Clutch.....I really like the gears too...great photo.

How about an abandoned place?
Wow, now that is stunning. I love the way you managed to keep just the right amount of dynamic range in the photo; was it HDR? Any more and it would have lost that dark & gloomy feeling, but any less and it would just be a sea of black.

Also, here are a couple of pics I've got. Enjoy!
closeupofbuildingyi1.jpg

and another:
girderssv3.jpg

A local Grain truck and its reflection after a long rain.

DMtruck.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back