Assignment Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
PlasticSpanner said:
:lol:

The "Bi-Weekly photo assignments" :confused:

:greenpbl:

Well, for short, you could just call it the Bi Assignment, but I'm afraid to think what kind of photos you would get. :meh:

I think a better name would be "the weekly or bi-weekly, possibly every threes weeks, or maybe monthy photo assingment" I like it, it roles off the tongue.

As for suggestions:
Night
Lighting effects-meaning what can be done by using studio lights
Portraits-of others
Food-you know like when you read a recipe book and there are pictures of super good looking food.

Someone may have already thought about this, how about a simple subject such as an abstrast then do a color replacement showing a before and after, for instance a bowl of apples..or bananas, then totally changing the color of the fruit.

macawlvr said:
Someone may have already thought about this, how about a simple subject such as an abstrast then do a color replacement showing a before and after, for instance a bowl of apples..or bananas, then totally changing the color of the fruit.

That would be more along the lines of a Photoshop challenge, which we have a section for that, too.

Three times of day: take 3 or more photos with identical composition, but the lighting must be different. It could be as simple as morning, afternoon, and night, or it can be different lighting conditions because of the weather, introduction of artificial lighting, etc... It doesn't have to be all in one day. The point is to demonstrate how changes in lighting can alter a scene or subject. With digital it's pretty easy to look at the earlier photos to make sure you are getting the identical composition. With film I'd recommend taking notes about what's at the edges of the frame, and where you are standing.

ksmattfish said:
Three times of day: take 3 or more photos with identical composition, but the lighting must be different. It could be as simple as morning, afternoon, and night, or it can be different lighting conditions because of the weather, introduction of artificial lighting, etc... It doesn't have to be all in one day. The point is to demonstrate how changes in lighting can alter a scene or subject. With digital it's pretty easy to look at the earlier photos to make sure you are getting the identical composition. With film I'd recommend taking notes about what's at the edges of the frame, and where you are standing.

You suggested that one already, and we did it already...no one participated though.

core_17 said:
You suggested that one already, and we did it already...no one participated though.

Doh! I just found it. I just rediscovered this sub-forum, and I wasn't seeing the older threads. Well, I'll give it a try.

Just a general suggestion. For me personally, technique-focused assignments (e.g. 'take shots using minimal DOF') would be more useful than content themes (e.g. 'cityscape'). I need prodding to try more advanced techniques, and feedback on how I apply them.
I know there are many far more skilled photogs here so if this doesn't apply to the majority, no problem...I can go elsewhere for my prodding!:p

cathmc said:
Just a general suggestion. For me personally, technique-focused assignments (e.g. 'take shots using minimal DOF') would be more useful than content themes (e.g. 'cityscape'). I need prodding to try more advanced techniques, and feedback on how I apply them.
I know there are many far more skilled photogs here so if this doesn't apply to the majority, no problem...I can go elsewhere for my prodding!:p

We do a bit of both. If you go back through and look at them there are some that are more technique oriented that you can still participate in. :D

how about something like - "Look... no eyes" where you don't look through the viewfinder when you take the photo. It'd be more of a random... abstracty... luck of the draw sort of photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back