Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, here's my suggestion. It's kinda simialar to the photo challenge, but, without voting. And have them more often than once a month. The mods could put up assignments..maybe some stuff to help us who are still pretty new to serious photography hone our skills. My reason for this suggestion is..when I was in high school in Art, I was pretty good. I had the skills and an awesome hippie art teacher to draw inpiration from. Since I've been out of high school, my artwork has just...died...cuz I have nothing to draw from. Some people just need a starting point. Anyway...that's my suggestion.

I think what you're thinking of is very similar to what we have going with the Photo Themes already. Someone comes up with a theme and people post their photos for that specific theme. It's like the challenge in the same way that people submit their different takes on one subject/theme, but there are no deadlines, and there are no prizes. If you're looking for something to draw from you should take a crack at the photo themes.

I do try a lot of the photo themes but it would be cool to just have one "special theme" each month also. Kind of like the photo contest.

yeah, cool idea core_17, i totally understand what you're talking about. over the summer, i'm adrift. it's hard to make stuff when everyone around you is watching tv :?

the themes are nice, but rather passive. there's not much push to jump in to any particular one. and people don't always comment on what's posted. :?
themes are also subject-matter based, it seems. if there were some kind of challenge to learn to use the camera skills better, that would really be something.

want to brainstorm?

...take a photo every 30 seconds (counting exposure setup time). it will challenge you to look for subjects faster.
...make a documentary, no captions allowed
...super spy! see who can take photos on private property the longest :D
...double exposure, make cool transparent stuff.

That's exactly what I'm talking about! And those suggestions are great..specially the first two! May just have to try those next time I get my hands on my b/f's digital rebel. (I have a Canon AE-1 Program..it's nice, but I just can't afford to process film all the time!)

I know I have come up with a couple. The first we did was the "Day in the life of". Everyone photographed them selves going through a typical day.

I just recently posted another challenge. It was to urge you to photograph something that is hard for you to do. Nudes, urban photography, something that is a challenge that you have never done. I like to give them an ending time, just to sperate one from the last.

graigdavis said:
I know I have come up with a couple. The first we did was the "Day in the life of". Everyone photographed them selves going through a typical day.

I just recently posted another challenge. It was to urge you to photograph something that is hard for you to do. Nudes, urban photography, something that is a challenge that you have never done. I like to give them an ending time, just to sperate one from the last.

You definitely got a lot of interest with them, so I would like to see more!

I think this is a great idea! I like Graig's of doing somthing that you don't normally do. Nice way to branch out and gain some new skills.

Well, this weekend is the big yearly festival in my town..so maybe I can get some people on the street pics!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back