Assiniboine Park Zoo

Love the birds but due to very unfortunate camrea angle....it looks like the "dung" on the ground in the background is coming out of the camels mouth......Kind of cool and sickining at the same time.

Vince

Love the birds but due to very unfortunate camrea angle....it looks like the "dung" on the ground in the background is coming out of the camels mouth......Kind of cool and sickining at the same time.

Vince
Haha! That's exactly what I was thinking! LOL, it looks like he's blowing poop-balls! But that would really easy to edit out, and then the pic would be great :) I locve the one of the owl, #3

The Beaky Flamingo is VERY colourful and its orange goes so well with the green background, but I am all torn between liking the noisy background and wishing this'd travel through NeatImage for once ... I really don't know what I want here.

The Coughing Camel does, indeed, seem to cough up the dung ... I'm not sure you had really wanted to achieve that effect??? ;)

The photo of the owl is nice but very dark. I am sure you can up the highlights from 255 to 200 easily without blowing anything out, and then the midtones will still be too low and could be upped to 1,15. I am SURE.

That fast moving bird with its "hair screaming to be posted here" seems to be a Victoria Crowned Pigeon, if I may go by the card I photographed when I visited the Bird Park Walsrode almost 2 years ago ...

324_Fchertaube-Schild.jpg

I also photographed the bird, but don't mean to hijack your thread, so I'm only throwing out the information that also I only ever gathered from this board...

Thanks everybody for the replies!

The Beaky Flamingo is VERY colourful and its orange goes so well with the green background, but I am all torn between liking the noisy background and wishing this'd travel through NeatImage for once ... I really don't know what I want here.
Agreed, the background noise is a bit distracting...

I hadn't really heard about NeatImage until I read your post. How limited is the free version?

The Coughing Camel does, indeed, seem to cough up the dung ... I'm not sure you had really wanted to achieve that effect??? ;)
I think the title of the picture says it all :)

The photo of the owl is nice but very dark. I am sure you can up the highlights from 255 to 200 easily without blowing anything out, and then the midtones will still be too low and could be upped to 1,15. I am SURE.
No photoshop for me... just Picasa... Agreed once again here, the image is a tad dark.

That fast moving bird with its "hair screaming to be posted here" seems to be a Victoria Crowned Pigeon, if I may go by the card I photographed when I visited the Bird Park Walsrode almost 2 years ago ... (...) I also photographed the bird, but don't mean to hijack your thread, so I'm only throwing out the information that also I only ever gathered from this board...
By all means, do hijack the thread and post your pic(s). That bird is awesome, with its "peacocky" head...

Nice shots! I love #3 with the owl! I lived in Winnipeg when I was kid, but it was so long ago I can barely remember the zoo...but it does bring back some memories!

Thanks for the comments, guys!

andrew, the zoo here is not what it used to be... It's kinda rundown... They still have some beautiful animals, but it seems to me that they don't have enough money to do regular maintenance of the facilities. Too bad, really...

More than a month has passed, but I took your advice and downloaded Neat Image. I love it, thanks for the tip! Here's the revamped flamingo:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back