Assistant Photographer Interview, Help Please.

cbay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.desigzgallery.com
Hey All!

Well I took on your advice everyone and rang round to get a job/role as an assistant photographer, Well I got some negetives and some people who were very helpful and told me how they got into the career which I found very useful and informative... But eventually Ive found a company whom are intrested in taking me on, and they seem so great and nice! Which is even better! So ive got to pop along tomorrow, just for a chat but thought best to go dress nicely, jst incase.

So anyone got any pointers or tips for me?

don't lie but ever so slightly bending the truth sometimes helps ;)

more serisoulsy (though don't count my previous point out completley), as with all interviews i guess just be really keen and show enthusiasm and passion for the job at hand.

is it something specific or a general photography assist job?

Just be honest and be yourself. They'll either like you or they won't - and if they don't like you then you wouldn't have enjoyed working there.
Do be prepared to do anything. Assistants are at the bottom of the heap and as the newbie you'll be even lower. The unwritten job description can include making the tea, washing up, sweeping up and cleaning the toilets. Whatever they ask you to do say 'no problem' and do it to the best of your ability. And that includes committing murder...

Well, He seemed pleased on the phone with me as normally he gets parents ringing up for their kids, lol, I couldn't believe it myself when he told me that. So I got a few brownie points already so fingers crossed will go well and then ill start on Saturday at a wedding... YAY I am so chuffed that i have even been considered.

Just pay attention and do your best..

Steve :thumbup:

may also be hlepful to find out some info on the company and casually drop in some of that info to the conversation.

Thanks! Well fingers crossed it all goes well. Ive had a look on their website but some parts arent working. Well ill inform you all later how it went...

Wish me luck..

cbay said:
Thanks! Well fingers crossed it all goes well. Ive had a look on their website but some parts arent working. Well ill inform you all later how it went...

Wish me luck..

Never know...getting all of the site working could turn into your first "job". Good Luck :thumbup::thumbup:

Well i got the job, i went to my first wedding yesterday (Saturday) Well i mean first wedding when only concentrating upon photography, and the photographer i was working with thought i would get bored but i actually really enjoyed myself! It was so much fun!!

So thanks to you all whom kept ya fingers crossed for me.

Congratulations on the job! Post all the gory details of the first day. I can not say that I was ever psyched about being an assistant. Strangely enough I sometimes miss those days.

If I'm not being too rude here cbay, what age are you?

I have done some work as an assistant down south and I am just wondering how you found it and who it is your assisting at the minute, if it is a fairly recognisable company or that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back