Assorment of shots (56k warning)

Blkfocuszx3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1. I was a big fan of this one after I took it :lol:
good5.jpg

2. First HDR shot, I don't own photomatix so please disregard the watermarks.
HDR2-1.jpg

3. Nothing special on this one just a quick shot
20090501_0204_edited-1.jpg

20090427_0194_edited-1.jpg

20090409_0150_edited-3.jpg

20090313_0117_edited-1.jpg

C&C welcome.

Last edited:
This have bright colors and crisp focus. #1 is a pretty shot, but the left side is too light, and the reflection on the arm is a little distracting. #2 is funny because of the license plate, but I don't think photos of cars are interesting. #3 and #4 are adorable, of course. I really like the blur/haze/flare/blade of grass/whatever it is on the right side of #4.

I personally dislike having cars as the subjects in my photos, and that's because I honestly think they're harder to light than a person. You *can* light a car with five speedlites in a cramped garage, but it's not easy. That or getting it just as the sun is past the horizon, pumping up the exposure a little and doing a long exposure. Almost any car will look good in that light. Maybe a *little*, very underpowered fill would have helped to lighten the face.

1 is great; you got nice even lighting but a strong side-light too. The line on the left arm is a bit distracting, but you can lessen the local contrast there with photoshop.

I like 4 as well. Normally I would be thinking "needs a fill flash", but the highly contrasting dark colours of the jacket and skin-tones work, though I loss of detail in the skin tones from being at the lower end of the camera's dynamic range (darks, left of the histogram) is noticeable; I can see some noise in there, and you'd be at a loss to brighten the eyes at all without bringing in more noise.

Thanks for all the comments, the car is extremely difficult to shoot because the paint is really hard to shoot and have it come out looking proper in the color perspective. I have only had the camera for about a year maybe a little less, so i'm still learning. I don't have full photoshop, I have lightroom I believe it's called but i'm still iffy on how to use it lol. I also just got into shooting in RAW format (which I don't believe any of these are in, maybe the HDR attempt on the car).

Again thanks for the comments :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back