At the bar... your thoughts?

JDP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pavleck.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Awhile back a bar in Eau Claire, Wisconsin hosted it's annual Decedent Cabaret - this is a shot from there I think is interesting, curious as to everyone elses thoughts though as I have a few different versions.

420414996_8374cd2737.jpg

very busy and no single point catches my eye. With that said, the colors are pleasing and overall I enjoy the way the picture looks.

I'm trying to think of a way to make it a little more intersting without retaking it (probably not possible) such as a crop, but I dont know if cutting the top or the bottom removes some key elements (lights and reflections of said lights). you may want to try around with somethings.

There are a lot of strange points out of focus...the bokeh looks very unnatural. The OOF black blob center left is rather distracting, and although the colors are pretty good overall, it's too warm.

Yeah, those are my thoughts too - I took a half dozen or so similar shots that night, I think I just really like the overall colors - I'll poke around with them in photoshop to see if I can't pull something together.

And yeah, the bokeh is odd, I noticed that too. This is a straight-from-the-camera shot, see if it's worth really massaging - I'll try a few things and post a new one.

thanks guys!

Just a thought: since the color and texture are really the subject of the photo, why not try reshooting an area that doesn't include people or using a shallow depth of field and focusing as near as possible to the camera, so everything else is a blur?

I think the only issue is no clearly focused point on any one of the possible subjects. Likely do the need to using a large aperture.

There is really no point to focus on. I think the glass is the most appropriate subject but it is just far and off center, hard to spot immediately. It is a tad warm as well. Its a great idea though, maybe some of your other shots will yield a better crop

Most reactions

New Topics

Back