At The Park (before and after)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by JustAMom, May 13, 2007.

1. JustAMom

JustAMom TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    please give me your insight
    normally i wouldnt even try messing with a photo this blurry and poorly composed... but this was the only photo like this i had to give it a shot and see if i could do something cool with it despite the poor quality of the original. open to advice on how to improve it. my profile says my photos are not okay to edit but if anyone wants to play around with this one and share their version and information on how they accomplished what they have done they have my permission to edit this one

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

2. moracca

moracca TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the sharpening that you brought to the boy, but perhaps the cheeks and forehead could use some blurring back down? looks like he has rosaceae. :p

3. JustAMom

JustAMom TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks, i agree i need to soften the skin. i wil have to find a tutorial for the best way to do that!

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    To my mind, your after-photo really works. You did a great job here. And children that age DO have motly skin like this around their mouths, I find it quite plausible, albeit maybe not quite so "pretty". And hey, I like the composition here!!! What is it you don't like?

5. JustAMom

JustAMom TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    in the original i felt it was weird how the feet were cut off but nothing else was. i felt the new crop helped the composition a lot. normally i would just retake a shot but i highly doubt id catch this moment again and i'd probably still go back to this photo trying to make it work. thanks for your input la photo, i really appreciate it. i think my editing skills are improving.

6. neogfx

neogfx TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Your postprocessing here is spot on. Good work.