At the park - C/C

melography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone!
I've been into photography for a little while, but portraits are such a challenge for me! I rarely photograph people but it's something I'd really like to learn more about. I took these pictures of my sister at the park yesterday:

1)
DSC_0387copy.jpg

2)
DSC_0404copy.jpg

3)
DSC_0420copy.jpg

4) (same as above but I tried it in b/W)
DSC_0420copy3.jpg

Please tell me what you think, and feel free to share if you have any general tips on how to get better at portrait photography. :D

I like 2

Very pretty smile, tighter crop would maybe bring out that smile a bit more. A bit over exposed too.

To me, your shots are great. Maybe work on the composition a bit and learn more about post processing and you will have very high quality portraits. If you turn image editing on i can show you a few things that you can do.

Great photos, I too think the face is a bit overexposed.
Maybe some Post Processing can be done.

Huh. On my monitor all of the highlight detail seems to be intact and the histogram isn't showing me any blown out areas. I do however feel that the colors are a bit washy.

Your sister is lovely! On number 3 I agree that a tighter crop would bring out her smile more. The light is really pretty and I like number 4 in the black and white. I am sorry I can't offer you much advice, I am new to photography. Maybe you could try http://zibtips.com/Forms/WebinarMain.aspx?WebinarID=17&WebinarContentID=101&Source=TWS for some more tips.

Here was a 30 second edit. I cropped it, adjusted contrast and vibrancy
lady-.jpg

and B&W is just a high contrast b&w conversion. adjusted exposure and recovery
lady2-.jpg

Her facial expression in #1 is great! #4 B&W is super awesome. A crop would do good on #4

Most reactions

Back