At the wedding!

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by mimstrel, Jul 25, 2009.

1. mimstrel

mimstrel TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I took my Nikkormat to the wedding of one of my best friends. It has no light meter, and everything is manual, so when I get one good shot per roll, I'm thrilled.
    I had a handfull of good ones, but thought I'd share my two favorites. I was the bride's personal attendant, so I hardly saw the groom at all until the wedding, but I had plenty of opportunities to photograph Amanda (the bride), along with her bridesmaids. The first photo is just Amanda (wish my focus had been on her face, but it isn't bad as is, IMO), and the second photo you can see her twin sister, Christine (they're identical, but Amanda lightens her hair and Christine darkens hers, so you can't tell anymore). I am a fan of this photo partly because every other time I have photographed the two of them together, there is a stuggle to equally represent them both, but on this day it was Amanda only in focus, and Christine waiting behind her. Christine gets married next July.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C&C welcome please. These were taken on Kodak B&W film, 400 speed, with a Nikkor 50mm lens. *Probably* 1/60 shutter, and apperture set as wide as it will go!

2. mimstrel

mimstrel TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    (bump)

3. William Petruzzo

William Petruzzo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    These look great! I'd love to see them a little bigger. Number 2 really catches me the most.

4. gopal

gopal TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    with 400 ISO in film u did a good job.....b&w is wonderful and second is best.

5. mimstrel

mimstrel TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thank you both. bpetruzzo, I will see if I can upload the bigger files when I get a chance. I shrunk them for a different board.