Atlas Mountains

lostcase_gib

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markgalliano.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple of shots taken in Tarifa, Spain.

Enjoy

C&C as usual plz!

IMG_0839_1.jpg

IMG_0801_1.jpg

IMG_0663_1.jpg

duuuuuuude that 2nd shot is sweet hahah
Spain's neat =P

Brilliant colours yet again!
You have that light and weather for such brilliant colours just now. Here things look like we were all tossed back in time by three months... :roll:

I do like the first photo... but in which direction are we looking? You call this thread "Atlas Mountains", so I take it we look towards the Moroccan coast? Tarifa and Seuta are on that sort of a "nose" ... erm ... or is my geography failing me completely now?

Oops. Of course! My geography HAS failed me completely! Tarifa is Spain's southernmost point, of course, but still on the European continent, while Ceuta and ... help me here, are in Africa. Ooops. Was all confused for a while, and this while I myself have been to Tarifa before (!!!) ... but that was 20 years ago :roll: ... maybe too long a time to keep one's geography straight ;).

They are all taken from the tarifa area pointing towards the atlas mountains in africa.

the 1st one in the tourist stop near tarifa, 3rd in Tarifa town and 2nn in a place about 10k from tarifa. you can actually see the town of tarifa in the 2nd in between the sandy beaches and the atlas mountains

Hmm, that part of Spain looks like Cornwall! Interesting crop on number 2 - I wonder what is in the bay to the left, looks like it may have a nice curve that you could use to lead the eye round to the mountains. I suppose to get all of that in the shot would make the mountains pretty small.

Great shots, keep them coming. When I visited Gibraltar it was the year after General Franco died, but the Spanish border was still shut. Now I guess that Tarifa (and beyond) is just a Sunday afternoon drive for you?

Kevin

Yeah Tarifa is a 30min drive roughly, depends how boyracer i feel! hahaha

And to ur suggestion yes, i tried it and it looked tiny, so i had to crop as i do not have any wide angle material, just the in built lens of my cam.

awesome colours.....where did you take these pictures at??

Most reactions

Back