snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I put my grips back on today!! There were a couple of you showing support, so please feel free now to use your grips again. My shoulder workouts are paying off, finally! I was surprised I did as good as I did. I used the bigger 5D gripped and a 24-70. I took the tripod, fully intending to use it. Once I got there, I tried a couple handheld and decided to stay that way. I know it sounds weird, but I was shakier without the grip! With it, it just feels more balanced to me, and I can tell I have less shake. Still a "little" bit of shake, and now that I'm home it's sore, but I'm back, baby!!! Well, maybe a few more weeks I guess. : )

I went downtown because I knew it would be deserted this Holiday Sunday afternoon. Took a few snapshots of buildings, nothing much and nothing needing critiquing. They suck. I was really just working on taking handheld shots again. I get to start strengthening exercises in October, which will hopefully get rid of all the weak-arm shake. I'm only doing loosening-type exercises now, until muscle grows back over the joint to hold it in. I still get creeped thinking about pulling the joint loose and my arm dangling at my side!!!

Now for a little whirlpool soaker. See ya!!!

Good to hear!!! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on doing well!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4; probably while slacking off at work

Congratulations :thumbsup:

just so you know, I knew you would come back. So I never took mine off. Except when I use my tripod or telescope :)

Woohoo! Congrats Snerd. Your news couldn't come at a better time - ok, well actually truth be told the timing really sucks since I just bought a new D7100 and haven't gotten a grip ordered for it yet so I'll be shooting without one for a while anyway regardless.. lol.

But glad to hear your on the mend.

I need to buy one first

Glad to hear that you've finally gotten a grip on things,snerd!!!

Yay! Back on the hunt for a grip on my camera!

Woohoo! Congrats Snerd. Your news couldn't come at a better time - ok, well actually truth be told the timing really sucks since I just bought a new D7100 and haven't gotten a grip ordered for it yet so I'll be shooting without one for a while anyway regardless.. lol.

I have an mb-d11 for sale!

But I heard those fit perfectly on a d800 after a few whacks with a hammer :thumbup:
Robbins is in trouble .. d7100 grip available

But I heard those fit perfectly on a d800 after a few whacks with a hammer :thumbup:
Robbins is in trouble .. d7100 grip available

Already have a D800 grip, don't need a "second" one. Haha.

I don't use grips on a couple of bodies because the smaller size attracts less attention. I'm not surprised you find the grip helps stabilize things since it adds inertia.

I was against grips....until I actually USED one!
Too big
Too bulky
Too heavy
Yaaaright!
Picked up a Canon 5D for a sweet price (don't think it'll ever cause me to replace my Nikons but its very enjoyable to shoot) and it came with a battery grip. First thing I tried to do was take that too big-bulky-heavy thing off but I was too stoopid to realize the battery cover was actually attached inside the grip so I left the thing on and went shooting.
Hmmm, not really that heavy, balances...hey, actually isn't bad! then I discovered it REALLY made holding the thing sideways a snap AND...there's a handy shutter button right...there. Gave me a new appreciation for my Nikon F4s.....

Most reactions

Back