Attempt #1 HDR

matt_paul85

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's my first attempt at some HDR pics. I'm thinking i made them too dark. :meh: I just got Photomatix yesterday so I've been testing it out. C&C please! Oh and I'm thinking some cropping on the first one would do it some good too.

darkclouds.jpg

parkinglot.jpg

The first/second picture a little dark. great attempt.

very good for first attempt!, but a little dark, try using the gamma/luminosity sliders whilst tone mapping to make them nice n bright

Takes a lot of fiddling with those sliders. And watch out for those halos around stuff. Over the trees it like to glow.

Thanks for the advice. I have noticed that those sliders are VERY powerful in the tone mapping! I'll keep playing with them one tweak at a time lol. Good things come with patience lol.
:lol:

These aren't technically bad HDR shots; although the subject matter is really quite boring. But, I figure you are just using shots to try and learn how to use HDR and will be using the technique with better shots shortly, yeah?

And yeah, as people have said, watch out for the halos, they can really kill shots. Trust me...I know all about halo'ing.

But, I figure you are just using shots to try and learn how to use HDR and will be using the technique with better shots shortly, yeah?

Yeah, these were just simple quick shots for the time. I will work on more interesting shots later on. Trying to get a feel for the program.

And yeah, as people have said, watch out for the halos, they can really kill shots. Trust me...I know all about halo'ing.

I have noticed it's very easy to get the halo in there. Crazy stuff. :madass:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back