Attempt at Panning

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by HailttRedskins, Apr 10, 2008.

1. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I don't know if this could be considered good or not, for being my first try I think I did fairly well. I was trying to get them both but it appears that the yellow GSXR was only in focus, I also did this was the kit lens thats why it really isn't zoomed in :(

The biggest size I could give was 1024 because photobucket doesn't love free users :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CDubya

CDubya TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    good attempt, hard to see how sharp it actually is but looks somewhat sharp.

3. redls1bird

redls1bird TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Looks pretty good. Were you using auto focus or manual? i read somewhere that for panning shots, set it to manual focus, and dial it in beforehand, then have your subjects go by. It should be near perfect because it will be at the correct focal length for the distance, and the camera wont be trying to choose a subject.

4. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm pretty sure this was done on Manual, but I was shooting some things in ADEP, so it could be either.

5. mrodgers

mrodgers No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    That's good, because my 1024x768 desktop screen resolution doesn't like morons who post 1464321324x354313 photos and expect critique :D

Not too bad. My only attempt at panning was a surprise shot at dusk while preparing for the sunset. I was too low in ISO to get a decent shutter speed when I turned around and saw 10 deer running straight at me, then turn to run past.