attempting...

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
....something new, but unsure about what i have thus far.

i was hiking in Rock Creek Park (DC) yesterday and decided to get a few shots of the water. ended up just being typical ho hum shots. i was actually hoping for a little movement but wasn't getting much motion due to the light, so i yanked out my IR filter knowing that would cut the light down considerably.

now i know there isn't much to these...minimal PS and the comps aren't much, but do you find anything of interest in these to continue working with this technique?

thanks for looking.

59181026-O.jpg

59181027-O.jpg

I don't know about the first one. Kinda hard to tell what's going on there. The second is freakin' awesome though. I love the color and texture.

I like them both. Only would the first win a little if that distracting element in the upper lefthand corner would disappear. Easily done.
And could he stone with the leaf on it become a little lighter?

And the second is ... different, for sure.
I really like the effect.
The water looks static, though, not flowing. Which is interesting in so far as exposure must have been quite long, so its flowing was definitely captured. But it looks as if the stones were surrounded by plastic sheets. The colours are interesting, as well.
OK, you already say so yourself: composition was not top of your list when you took these. I am missing a small part on at the top of the second photo. But that is all.
You should carry on doing this! You definitely should!

Okay ... I'm three clicks left, but I like the first one. I'd crop off the top left rock and leave everything else. Frame it and hang it. I like it!

I love the way the water looks like satin in the second one. I like all the purple/blue around the rock.

Keep doing what you're doing, dude!

Being a bit of an arty sort, i'm well up for experimental stuff and i find both these images interesting. I would crop a little off the top and right side of the first, but i love the effect. The second is killer, breaks all kinds of landscape rules .... but thats what experimenting is all about right?!.... looks slightly surreal, almoast 'other worldly'.... i would def keep trying this stuff out...looks like it has loads of potential. :thumbup:

anicole said:
Okay ... I'm three clicks left, but I like the first one. I'd crop off the top left rock and leave everything else. Frame it and hang it. I like it!

I love the way the water looks like satin in the second one. I like all the purple/blue around the rock.

Keep doing what you're doing, dude!
I agree, she is three clicks to the left. That not withstanding, I also agree with cropping out the rock in the upper corner. That pic would then be GTG.
I like the second one as is. I wouldn't change that a bit.

kelox said:
I agree, she is three clicks to the left. That not withstanding, I also agree with cropping out the rock in the upper corner. That pic would then be GTG.
I like the second one as is. I wouldn't change that a bit.

lemme respond in a language you'll understand ...

HOOAH!

;)

very nice!!i kinda like the first one better with the leaf on the rock!! pretty cool...:thumbup:

Hmm.. I love the effect. I gotta get my IR filter happening soon. But, I have worn out the scoll button trying to figure out which one I like better. They are both cool in their on ways.

My first response was "yeah - carry on" but then after looking at these shots a bit more I decided a better answer would be "Hell yeah - by all means". The second shot especially is awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back