Attention- DC meet up gang! Important update!

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those of you who have been wondering about DC hotel accommodations, we have found a great deal!

After looking at several in-town hotels and weighing the pros and cons of price vs. convenience, we thought it would be in the group’s best interest to go with as low a rate, in as nice a hotel, as we could find.

We have settled on the Washington Dulles Marriott Suites, adjacent to Dulles International Airport. For those of you driving into DC, this should make the hotel easy to find. For those of you flying into Dulles, there is a direct free shuttle service right to the hotel.

There are on-site restaurants, and several others within walking distance. Their Lobby Lounge seems specially made to function as a general meet-up place. :thumbup: The rooms are all suites, with separate living areas, and start at just $89USD a night. Anyone with a AAA membership can get a further discount on that rate.

Obviously, this is just a suggestion for your consideration – but, we would love to have as many people as possible staying in one place. A few of us have already booked rooms, so I encourage you to check it out, and make your reservations soon!

We are going to have a great time! :D

terri said:
For those of you who have been wondering about DC hotel accommodations, we have found a great deal!

After looking at several in-town hotels and weighing the pros and cons of price vs. convenience, we thought it would be in the group’s best interest to go with as low a rate, in as nice a hotel, as we could find.

We have settled on the Washington Dulles Marriott Suites, adjacent to Dulles International Airport. For those of you driving into DC, this should make the hotel easy to find. For those of you flying into Dulles, there is a direct free shuttle service right to the hotel.

There are on-site restaurants, and several others within walking distance. Their Lobby Lounge seems specially made to function as a general meet-up place. :thumbup: The rooms are all suites, with separate living areas, and start at just $89USD a night. Anyone with a AAA membership can get a further discount on that rate.

Obviously, this is just a suggestion for your consideration – but, we would love to have as many people as possible staying in one place. A few of us have already booked rooms, so I encourage you to check it out, and make your reservations soon!

We are going to have a great time! :D

But how far is that from in town, and what will we be doing for transportation? Will we need to rent cars?

We'll be buddying up with each other, no doubt. I'm thinking there might be a small caravan from there into town! :lol: Per the site, it's only about a 15-20 minute drive in. :thumbup:

terri said:
We'll be buddying up with each other, no doubt. I'm thinking there might be a small caravan from there into town! :lol: Per the site, it's only about a 15-20 minute drive in. :thumbup:

So..I don't need to worry to terribly much about figuring out transportation yet?

Quite a few people have talked about driving in and a few others have already planned to rent cars. Hopefully we can implement a buddy system as much as possible. Unfortunately, trying to organize any major group transportation is going to be too difficult.

If anyone is planning to stay there with us and will have a car with some spare seats, please let everyone know. Please coordinate with each other as best you can.

Also, please don't feel like you MUST stay with us. It will be fun to have people together, but stay where you are most comfortable!

Looking forward to meeting you all in D.C.!!!

Well, all this is a bit late for the Schleiffers since they have already booked themselves into the Arlington Days Inn... Ah well.

LaFoto said:
Well, all this is a bit late for the Schleiffers since they have already booked themselves into the Arlington Days Inn... Ah well.
:( Booked solid, no hope of switching?

Erm.... not tonight. No. Husband away. Business trip.

LaFoto said:
Erm.... not tonight. No. Husband away. Business trip.
It might be worth a try when he gets home. Like Chase was saying, it will be fun to have lots of us at one place, but if you're locked in, I think we'll still find a way to socialize! :)

Please all keep in mind that this is just where some of us have decided to stay, it isn't anything "official" and transportation will need to be figured out if you decide to stay there with us. Obviously, we'd love to have you there with us, but convenience should be the first concern when you are choosing where to stay.

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

How quickly things change!!

All I have to do is install flooring in my living room and my wife will grant me a hall pass to come on the trip!!!

I plan on staying at this hotel, and I also plan on flying into Dulles. So, I will be without a vehicle. If anyone has an open seat I'd love to confirm that, and call dibs.

Also, I'm going to need to split a suite with someone, taking applications for a roomie!

SOOOOO excited now!!!

ShutteredEye said:
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

How quickly things change!!

All I have to do is install flooring in my living room and my wife will grant me a hall pass to come on the trip!!!

I plan on staying at this hotel, and I also plan on flying into Dulles. So, I will be without a vehicle. If anyone has an open seat I'd love to confirm that, and call dibs.

Also, I'm going to need to split a suite with someone, taking applications for a roomie!

SOOOOO excited now!!!

*does happy dance*

I'm thinking I might stay somewhere else closer to town. A quick search with Google Maps tells me it's about 20 miles from the White House (it was the first DC address I could think of). I'd rather be somewhere actually inside downtown DC (the Mariott is actually in Virginia), and within more of a walking distance.

Newest update!!! I have been on the phone and computer all week trying to get us tours and one of the first ones are set up for Friday, April 7th at 1:30PM for up to sixteen people. We've been set up for a personal tour of the Capitol by Senator Gregg of New Hampshire so if you'd like to come along or are able to come along, just reply here or shoot me a PM and I'll add you to the list.

Keep in mind this is a tour and a description of said tour and not an invitation to talk politics. ;)

Most reactions

Back