Attention- DC meet up gang! Important update!

hobbes28 said:
Newest update!!! I have been on the phone and computer all week trying to get us tours and one of the first ones are set up for Friday, April 7th at 1:30PM for up to sixteen people. We've been set up for a personal tour of the Capitol by Senator Gregg of New Hampshire so if you'd like to come along or are able to come along, just reply here or shoot me a PM and I'll add you to the list.

Keep in mind this is a tour and a description of said tour and not an invitation to talk politics. ;)
That is totally awesome!! :boogie: Count me and Brad in!

I would, but we haven't made our reservations yet. If there are spots left when we do (will try to get this done SOON) we probably will.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! WE'RE GOIN TO DC!!!!!!!!!!!! Just made our hotel reservations (the one listed in this thread) and got our plane tickets!!! We'll be arriving at Dulles at 10...something in the morning...I'll have to check again. Erik and I DO WANT TO DO THAT TOUR!!! I'M GOIN TO DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah...so...I need to know if anyone else who isn't already booked in a car is going to be staying at this hotel? Cuz it looks as though we'll need to rent a car, and it'll be cheaper if we carpool and split the cost!

So that makes five spots left on the tour. ;)

If some folks want to rent a car, just let me know and I can give my discount code to you, via PM, and save you some green. I think it would've cost us about $120 to rent a van for the entire weekend.

The Schleiffers will try to make it in time, but since we are leaving New York on that very 7th and need to book ourselves into our hotel in Arlington first, I really don't know if we can make all that until 1:30 p.m. (???) Even if we get up early, we won't be leaving any sooner than 9 a.m. I would guess, which means how long before we even arrive? Sounds utopic ... the more I think about it. Which is a pity. I'd love to take that singular chance, but...... oh well.

hobbes28 said:
So that makes five spots left on the tour. ;)

If some folks want to rent a car, just let me know and I can give my discount code to you, via PM, and save you some green. I think it would've cost us about $120 to rent a van for the entire weekend.

I think a bunch of us renting a van would be a great idea. Split that $$ up between several people, and it's pocket change!

I rented a mini-van yesterday for Dollar the cost was the same an economy car for most other places, I fly in early on Wednesday and maybe make the drive to Gettysburg or Baltimore or Annapolis or etc not sure yet

Most reactions

Back