Attention- DC meet up gang! Important update!

Chase said:
Mind me asking what you paid for it?
$269.39 out the door.

That deal was available on CheapTickets (who I used,) Expedia ($269), and Hotwire ($277).

There were multiple seats available on both flights.

The flight out there is nonstop. The return flight has a 3 hour layover in St. Louis, and then you take AA flight 1569 into DFW arriving 6:30pm.

geez, all this expense JUST to come see me :blushing:

:lol:

JonMikal said:
geez, all this expense JUST to come see me :blushing:

:lol:

PUH-LEASE!! You're the reason everyone is hesitant to purchase their tickets... and the reason I'm not going! :er: :biglaugh:

Rhetorical question.....how much fun are we going to have....? :mrgreen:

Kelox! I'm so glad you'll be with us on Friday, too! :D

I tried to read all 55 post, but my A.D.D. kicked in. You guys are coming to my neck of the woods, great! I couldn't figure out where most of you are staying, but your best bet would be to stay near a metro station, whether in Va, DC or Md, they are easy to use and reach out well into Va and Md. I wish I had a big car or van, I'd be happy to pick some of you up, but my pickup sucks as far as room goes, especially since I'm sure no one wants to put thier camera gear in the bed. I guess as the date comes closer more pepole will know where they will be and where they will be meeting up. Hope to meet some of you guys.

Ok...so...it's getting close...I think we need to nail down a transportation plan...

I've never rented a car, or driven in DC...so...some input, anyone?

We're planning on taking the School bus down but all of those seats are already spoken for. Renting a car in DC is moderate if you rent it from any place in VA. I don't know why it's cheaper than MD or DC, but it usually works out that way. Driving around DC isn't too bad. Finding parking can sometimes be a task in itself but you can also park out of town and take the Metro in which we may be doing some of the times. All in all, a good map and co-pilot and getting around the area is a snap. At least as far as I can remember. :D

I'd much rather not rent a car at all...but it's looking like that's totally not an option. :( When planning this originally, we were all staying in DC, and weren't lookin at renting a car at all. I wish thee was another option.

Most reactions

Back