Attention- DC meet up gang! Important update!

Alison said:
Aubrey and I are driving and we've got Terri, Brad, Chase and Mrs. Chase in our truck (plus ourselves and the baby).
And the gear. Don't forget the camera gear. :mrgreen:

LaFoto said:
Let me tell you once again that the Schleiffers shall arrive at Washington DC, or Arlington first, respectively, on that very Friday, 7 April, at some point in time during the day (we'll only be leaving NYC in the morning of that Friday), by rental car, and we'll first book ourselves into our hotel, the Days Inn Arlington, 2201 Arlington Blvd. in Arlington, Tel.: 703-525-0300.

From there we can go into Washington by Metro, but I am sure we won't make it in time for the Capitol Tour (which is a pity but can now no longer be helped).

So what is going to be the next meet-up point. Where?
And when?
Our tour starts at 1:30 and we think it will run for an hour, maybe 90 minutes if it doesn't start right at 1:30. ?? Don't know for certain. Since it doesn't look like Corry and Erik can make it, maybe you all should decide where you'd like to meetup (someplace nearby the Capitol)? That way some of you will be grouped together already, and we can come find you when we leave. Is 3-3:30 realistic? What do you think?

ShutteredEye said:
Is this the appropriate place to put down things that we'd REALLY like to get shots of?

If so, the Korean war memorial is high on my list, aside from the other obvious things.

go at night with a pod!

terri said:
And the gear. Don't forget the camera gear. :mrgreen:

Shoot...hmm....do they make anything bigger than the Suburban....might be a tight fit with all the gear :scratch: :mrgreen:

I packed my new camera case last night. Afterward realist I packed way to much stuff, gone try tonight to cut it down and get the stuff it in a smaller bag, and but the accessories in with my socks, The Hoglas & Len Baby are going to miss DC also maybe Baby Gray

Jeff Canes said:
I packed my new camera case last night. Afterward realist I packed way to much stuff, gone try tonight to cut it down and get the stuff it in a smaller bag, and but the accessories in with my socks, The Hoglas & Len Baby are going to miss DC also maybe Baby Gray
oh....and I wanted to meet the Baby Gray... :( I'm sure we would have gotten to be friends.... sniffle :lol:

Jeff Canes said:

See, that's the beauty of being poor. I don't have very much gear to pack, LOL!!

I'm poor because, between the two of us, we do have pretty good gear. :lol: It'll get you one way or the other, Robert!

I'm now thinking hard about what to bring and what to leave behind. I surely don't want to do what I was doing in Bryce: we were doing some strenuous hiking with 5 cameras between us, plus tripod. :blushing:

I have to strip it down, and they are all staring at me with puppydog eyes.

OK guys, I'm now officially booked at the Marriott :D

I plan to arrive by train on Saturday morning and I'll leave Sunday evening (I can't come friday because I'll be returning from a trip to Italy on that day (which also means I might be very jetlagged when I'm in DC hehe)).

Can't wait to see you all there!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back