Attention- DC meet up gang! Important update!

Yay! Added a couple pieces of equipment just for this trip. I picked up a Tamrac Expedition 5 back pack--I can carry the tripod with me now, hands free!!!

Also got a Canon 24mm 2.8 from Ebay in the mail yesterday! I've shot 3 frames with it so far just to make sure it was in working order, but so far, it looks like a good one!!

I leave two weeks from today!!!!

ShutteredEye said:
Yay! Added a couple pieces of equipment just for this trip. I picked up a Tamrac Expedition 5 back pack--I can carry the tripod with me now, hands free!!!

Also got a Canon 24mm 2.8 from Ebay in the mail yesterday! I've shot 3 frames with it so far just to make sure it was in working order, but so far, it looks like a good one!!

I leave two weeks from today!!!!

I added some equipment for the trip, too! Still waiting for them to come in though...should be soon! I got a polarizer and step up ring, and new data storage thingy to unload my CF Card onto, and an OP/Tech S.O.S. Camera bag strap! And I leave two weeks from TOMMORROW!!!! FIFTEEN DAYS!!!

Congrats on the new equipment!

I have a dc inverter that plugs into the cig lighter in a car. Do you guys think I should bring it so we can have batteries percolating while we are out and about?

I'm gonna need to go back to the cars after every 2 gig or so to dump to my laptop, LOL!

ShutteredEye said:
Congrats on the new equipment!

I have a dc inverter that plugs into the cig lighter in a car. Do you guys think I should bring it so we can have batteries percolating while we are out and about?

I'm gonna need to go back to the cars after every 2 gig or so to dump to my laptop, LOL!

Congrats on your equipment, too!

I'd think it would be a good idea to bring it...I bought another battery (so I have three in all) just for the trip, cuz I'm afraid of running out..I'm tempted to buy a fourth one! :lol:

terri said:
Our tour starts at 1:30 and we think it will run for an hour, maybe 90 minutes if it doesn't start right at 1:30. ?? Don't know for certain. Since it doesn't look like Corry and Erik can make it, maybe you all should decide where you'd like to meetup (someplace nearby the Capitol)? That way some of you will be grouped together already, and we can come find you when we leave. Is 3-3:30 realistic? What do you think?

Well, 1:30h is unrealistic, I should think...
...but to be meeting with some "late-comers" right on the steps to the Capitol (assuming it has some, but something tells me it does) sounds realistic, and so does 3 or 3:30h, I should guess.

If all fails, I got Aubrey's and also Alison's mobile phone number, so we can find out where you all are in case we don't even make 3 or 3:30h. I wouldn't mind if you maybe waited a bit right by the Capitol (and took crazy pics of each other or so... ;)?) in case we should not be there right by 3 or 3:30h. Does that sound do-able?

LaFoto said:
Well, 1:30h is unrealistic, I should think...
...but to be meeting with some "late-comers" right on the steps to the Capitol (assuming it has some, but something tells me it does) sounds realistic, and so does 3 or 3:30h, I should guess.

If all fails, I got Aubrey's and also Alison's mobile phone number, so we can find out where you all are in case we don't even make 3 or 3:30h. I wouldn't mind if you maybe waited a bit right by the Capitol (and took crazy pics of each other or so... ;)?) in case we should not be there right by 3 or 3:30h. Does that sound do-able?

I was thinking about laying out a makeshift schedule for where people will be and when so we can have some meetup points. I'll be getting with some of the local folks too so we can figure some things out. In front of the Capitol seemed to be a good place to meetup the last time I was there but a lot could've changed since then. I'd also like to do up some maps of the areas so we're all reading from the same book. It's easy for me to forget that a lot of the people may not be as familiar with DC as others and it's really easy for me to say let's meet here and nobody really know how to get there. :lmao: There will be a lot more to come this weekend. :D

terri said:
Our tour starts at 1:30 and we think it will run for an hour, maybe 90 minutes if it doesn't start right at 1:30. ?? Don't know for certain. Since it doesn't look like Corry and Erik can make it, maybe you all should decide where you'd like to meetup (someplace nearby the Capitol)? That way some of you will be grouped together already, and we can come find you when we leave. Is 3-3:30 realistic? What do you think?

Hey...I missed this somehow...Corry and Erik will be there...never said we wouldn't...our plan arrives just before 11, and Jeff is picking us up right from the airport...

core_17 said:
Hey...I missed this somehow...Corry and Erik will be there...never said we wouldn't...our plan arrives just before 11, and Jeff is picking us up right from the airport...
Oh, I thought I saw in some other thread that you weren't thinking you could get there in time - probably before the transportation issues got settled. It ain't no big thang. ;)

A simple map with a few designated meeting places sounds like a great idea. :thumbup: Keep us from wandering too far astray. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back