AUGGHH!! Totally Bummed :(

mdith4him

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

So I ordered a Canon Rebel XS a few days ago and the package arrived today. I opened it and discovered they had sent me a Rebel XTi instead. I bought it from an ebay seller for cheaper than list price (listed as a "top seller") so I'm sure it was just a mistake. My question is, should I bother to send it back? I have an XS manual, read up on how the XS operates, etc. Is the XTi basically the same, with just a few minor differences?

I guess I'm just asking what the difference is between the two...any help?

~Meredith

I think the XTi is supposed to be better no?

No, The XSI is better. The XTI is practically the same without live view, and has a smaller screen and such I believe. The XS is also newer technology. I'd send it back.

No, The XSI is better. The XTI is practically the same without live view, and has a smaller screen and such I believe. The XS is also newer technology. I'd send it back.

Ah, all these models confuse me. I'd send it back then!

Yup, I would send it back too.

Either sent it back or see if the seller is willing to offer a partial money back.

You bought a XS, not an XTi, send it back and see if it was a mistake. Do you have any proof you bought the XSi?

Make sure it's an honest mistake, if not, bring that "positive" feed back down for the seller....it's only fair

~Michael~

Ah, all these models confuse me. I'd send it back then!

No I wouldn't the XTi is slightly better then then the XS, trust me you made a great buy! I had an old silver XS and it was lower quality, I bang and beat up and drop my 2 XTIs and they still shoot like champs! Can anyone verify if I am correct??? XTI better then XS?

Wow, thanks for the fast replies! I emailed the seller and asked what his return policy was or if he would be willing to give me a partial refund. I have all the emails from my purchase that clearly say "XS" numerous times, so it's not a mistake on my part.

Thanks, lancehill, for the link. It looks like the XTi and XS are basically the same except for the live view function on the XS (you can't use it for pictures on the XTi). The memory media is also different (XTi is "compact flash" vs. the XS's SD memory). Can anyone tell me what that means? It says that the XTi comes with a different kit lens than the XS, but I can't tell what the difference is. Both say the kit lenses are an EF-S 18-55 IS.

Thanks again everyone :)

I guess I stand corrected???
4330500897_607211fcab_o.jpg

Wow, thanks for the fast replies! I emailed the seller and asked what his return policy was or if he would be willing to give me a partial refund. I have all the emails from my purchase that clearly say "XS" numerous times, so it's not a mistake on my part.

Thanks, lancehill, for the link. It looks like the XTi and XS are basically the same except for the live view function on the XS (you can't use it for pictures on the XTi). The memory media is also different (XTi is "compact flash" vs. the XS's SD memory). Can anyone tell me what that means? It says that the XTi comes with a different kit lens than the XS, but I can't tell what the difference is. Both say the kit lenses are an EF-S 18-55 IS.

Thanks again everyone :)

well to me (humble opinion) the CF card is more legit more of the big daddy cameras use it like my 5d 1d so if you gonna upgrade get the cards that will work in the big brothers although the 1d does have an extra slot for one I see the SD as more of a point and shoot camera card... Anyone?

fact is, the XS is newer technology. There isn't much difference and there is no such thing as a silver XS. there was a silver XT I think, but never a silver XS or XTI or so forth. To my knowledge. But the XS came out more recently than the XTI and practically took its place. Then the XSI was the REAL upgrade.

I would personally take a XTI over a XS. It can buffer more RAW images, has more AF points, and i think it is built way better. I work in a retail and ever since the XS and XSI came out i think canon cheaped out on the shutter quality. The shutter on the XT and XTIsound so butter compared to the XS and XSI. I prefer CF cards over SD, they rarely get corrupted and could withstand a horrible beating. As far as IQ, the XS uses a CMOS senosr compared to CCD in the XT/XTI and the XS also has the DIGIC3 processor compared to the DIGIC2 in the XT/XTI. The XS will most likely perform better at high iso's but the xti will take a better photo ..... "techniclly."

If you dont mind me asking, what was the price paid for the item? The canon XS is only $449.99 at my store.

Most reactions

Back