Aurora Borealis over northern New Hampshire

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted this photo in the aurora thread earlier today, but figured I'd share here too.

aurora.jpg

There was quite a bit of hype around this event, with lots of local news stations reporting it. Unfortunately most places were saying the event would peak around midnight. The big show lasted about half an hour-45 minutes, from 8:15 or so until 9, so a lot of people seemed to have missed it. We drove to Lake Umbagog, which straddles NH/Maine. As we got close I decided to pull into this boat launch parking lot and snap a frame to see if anything was showing up- good thing I did! With such a quick show, we didn't have enough time to find anything too interesting foreground wise, but WOW. We could clearly see bright green and pink spikes with the naked eye, which I only thought possible in much higher latitudes. I apologize to any of the local residents (mostly moose) who may have heard some foul language from me as I saw the photos come up on my camera LCD, I was so excited!

Nice man. I'm jealous. It was cloudy and lame here, not that I'd likely see it anyway. This had always been a photo bucket list item for me.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines better ;)

It was tough. I went out on a beer run and figured I'd try it before the peak at midnight. Glad I did since it was the best time.

I said it on your other post as well; but this is so amazing

Very nice! That's screaming metallic print all over it.

Very nice! That's screaming metallic print all over it.

I don't know if I'll ever print this, I like it....but it's not my best work ever. By the time we found a better location (which was amazing) the show was over. Next time!

Love the colours. I've never seen that phenomenon in person before.

It's so good, I'd say you must be satisfied after getting those results.

Lovely stuff. I spent a week in Alaska 3 years ago but never got to see it--I was either in Juneau (sub-tropical rainforest) or the place I was at was very cloudy. So color me extremely jealous and admiring.

Nice....wish we could see that in Michigan. Last night we had a gorgeous red sundown we will have to settle for.

just beautiful

Thanks everyone! I was just so happy that I finally saw visible aurora, definitely a bucket list item

Most reactions

Back