Aussie Music Week!

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To my friends in Aussieland:

We're doing two pieces for orchestra and didgeridoo by Peter Sculthorpe, called 'Mangrove' and 'Earth Cry'. The didgeridoo player is William Barton, from Australia.

Tomorrow's the first rehearsal with him and I can't wait! :)

i love playing the didgeridoo...its soo much fun. im not aussi, but that sounds awesome!!

md

MDowdey said:
i love playing the didgeridoo...its soo much fun. im not aussi, but that sounds awesome!!

md

That's great MD! Would love to hear you play, man! It is such a cool instrument, I saw several rock groups using it.

Mitica100 said:
MDowdey said:

md

That's great MD! Would love to hear you play, man! It is such a cool instrument, I saw several rock groups using it.

i used to go to music festivals all around the southeast and learned how to play there. i wish I owned one!!! Incubus uses one in concert!!

md

vonnagy said:
kewl, i've been listening to triplej radio and november is aussie music month... good timing! ;) 8)

Right on, mate! :wink:

Update y'all:

There's more than meets the eye! This week's conductor, Michael Christie is also the Music Director of the Queensland Orchestra. Apparently he recorded these two pieces with them and William Barton.

The didgeridoo pieces were fun yesterday, Mr. Barton, who is a 6 foot four inches tall aborigene (sp?), played three didgeridoos, all sounding great. Should be a good concert.

Any aussies coming down here during the next four days: I'll get you free tickets to our concert. :wink: :lol:

That was sooooo cool! Didgeridoo is the coolest instrument and to hear probably the best didgeridoo player was a real treat.

Here is a picture taken before our concert tonite:

WBarton.jpg

I am the short one! :lol: :lol:

Anyway, Mr. Barton explained to us all about the didgeridoo, what kind of wood is made of, how is hollowed, pitched and played. The most amazing thing about him was his circular breath, in other words blowing in his instrument and taking in air at the same time. Loved that aussie accent, btw!

Most reactions

Back