Austin Hotel Views

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Harris, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Harris

Harris TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Well, I spent part of last weekend in Austin, and was a able to get some late night shots off the balcony (wife wasn't too keen on the idea of me running around downtown Austin at 3am by myself).

So I decided to try long exposures and have to say I came away with what is by far my best photo to date.... feel free to C & C as I know I still have a long way to go, but what an amazing feeling to have captured the shot I wanted!

Anyway, here's my favorite:

[​IMG]

Close runner up for favorite was this one, I was really trying to get the "streaking" headlights effect.

[​IMG]

And just another angle from the same vantage point: (not too happy with this one)

[​IMG]

So, what do you think?

2. Yemme

Yemme No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I always wanted to do a blur effect image with car lights but haven't tried. :( No faith in myself that it will come out right. You did really well, I see the effect, the second shows it best. Your wife loves you... she did the right thing.

3. Goontz

Goontz TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Being born and raised in the Austin area, I say you would have had fun and seen some interesting (drunk) people at 3am :lol:

#1 would be my favorite too, good shot. Good job getting the streaking lights in #2, but the parking lot of cars is kind of dull to me. Too bad there wasn't more traffic to get the same effect in the 1st shot.