Australian A1 Grand Prix

dklod

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These shots taken from Eastern Creek Raceway in Sydney during the A1 practice session. I have a few from raceday but it poured with rain so some shots are not so good through the mist. I'll post those later.

P1020558.jpg

P1020552.jpg

P1020539.jpg

P1020538.jpg

P1020524.jpg

P1020493.jpg

P1020492.jpg

I dont have the best camera for this stuff and I really pushed the zoom and maybe sacrficed the sharpness a little in doing so, but they make a great computer wallpaper.

G'day, some nice photos there. I made it last year but couldn't be there this year.

Photos look great, especially the first few. You're right, the focus got a bit soft on some. The Team NZL car always photographs well, it was my favourite shot of my photos from last year.

Cheers for the photos.

Timmeh

I like 1, 2, & 3. #3 still came out pretty good, with the car in focus, and still showing some tire movement. I just think the colors aren't quite as appealing.

I'm psyched for racing season to get started...I've already got the AMA Superbike set on the DVR for this weekend, and F1 starting the following week.....whew, it's been a long winter. I may get roasted for this, but I wish SPEED would just create a NASCAR channel already, and give me everything else on a seperate channel.

I like 1, 2, & 3. #3 still came out pretty good, with the car in focus, and still showing some tire movement. I just think the colors aren't quite as appealing.

I'm psyched for racing season to get started...I've already got the AMA Superbike set on the DVR for this weekend, and F1 starting the following week.....whew, it's been a long winter. I may get roasted for this, but I wish SPEED would just create a NASCAR channel already, and give me everything else on a seperate channel.

Cheers for that. I was an overcast day and I have not done anything with the pictures other than resizing them so the colours dont pop like they should. In my OP I said that the other photos came out so good in the mist, I left the "NOT" out there. they only came out so so but I was in the grandstand at that point and if you have ever tried to take photos from there, you know that you are further from the action and someone always manages to get in your way. This is probably the best of them.

P1020695.jpg

if you have ever tried to take photos from there,

Can't say that I have ever shot there...but I'd really, really like to.

Australia is one place I'd like to see, but I don't think the wife is too keen on the idea. When she's on the couch reading a book, and I have a good nature show on in the background explaining that something like "8 of the top 10 deadliest creatures inhabit the island continent of Australia"....

At that point my wife looks up and says "You want to go WHERE"??:lmao:

Can't say that I have ever shot there...but I'd really, really like to.

Australia is one place I'd like to see, but I don't think the wife is too keen on the idea. When she's on the couch reading a book, and I have a good nature show on in the background explaining that something like "8 of the top 10 deadliest creatures inhabit the island continent of Australia"....

At that point my wife looks up and says "You want to go WHERE"??:lmao:

LOL...my wife is American and she does not do creepy crawlies either, but the fact is, most of those nasties dont inhabit suburbia, maybe a few spiders, but the snakes are in the bush.

Back on the subject, I was refering to shooting from any grandstand, not this one in particular. Even on a good day with good lighting, I doubt I could pull off shots worthy of framing for selling. I have a tele lens in the post right now which will give me 36x optical but Im sceptical about getting good results at full zoom but I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for your interest.

I was refering to shooting from any grandstand, not this one in particular.

I know what you mean. I live less than two hours from the Indianapolis Speedway, so we go there occasionally. It's real fun (not) trying to get a half-way decent pan shot from the grandstands. That's why my favorite place to go is Mid-Ohio, you can usually get within 50' of the track in many places, at ground level, so the shooting there is much more fun. It may not get F1, but I do get to shoot AMA Superbike, ALMS, IRL (well, we'll see now with the "merger"), and Rolex.

Most reactions

Back