Australian in the UK (one of many)

Brian_barrett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.geog.leeds.ac.uk
Hi, I've been looking for a forum to participate in for a while, but didn't really know what I wanted... I tried matlab central ! (I'm a geophysicist), but i wanted to join a forum to procrastinate from work NOT one to make me think about work even more. I tried an amatuer musician's forum (I like to write lyrics and pretend I can play guitar), but that only worked if I listened to other peoples songs (a bit dull and hard to find the sort of music you like). So then i realised its photography for me. I tried dpreview, but felt a little lost (too many forums to many posts). This looks as though it will suit me perfectly.

So, if you are still reading... I use a Canon Powershot G3 and an old (fully manual) Ricoh KR-5 SLR. I am a glaciologist, so I get regular trips to very photogenic scenary. I'm always trying to avoid the happy snap and make every photo pleasing to the eye and somewhat more interesting than "ma and pa in their hotel room"... ok enough already. see my pics on my work home page and if you are still interested, I'm hosting a photocompetition (with no prizes except self pride!) for my family and friends. So far contributions have been small but hopefully this will grow. That page is here (and I have already added a link to ThePhotoForum!).

Hope I can stay active in this forum.

Well, welcome again then, Brian!
I think you will fit right in. The way you describe the photos that you like to take sounds good and the pano that I have seen shows that you know how to find such motifs and how to even make something bigger out of them! Very nice.

Feel free to procrastinate a good deal by joining in on any possible Off Topic discussion, by posting photos, but looking at other photos, commenting on them ... ask me and I'll be able to tell you from some kind of immediate experience HOW WELL you can procrastinate with the help of ThePhotoForum (TPF in short) :D.

BB, welcome to TPF.

Bierglas.jpg
You happened to join us a day after your birthday???
Dang, that gave us little chance to have a party with you ... only Chiller got his, for you two share your birthdays.

C'mon, have a beer.
Late HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

All the party pics that I present here are not my photos! I think I should underline that more often. I look for them via Google-Image and copy them from whichever website has this picture there.

Most reactions

Back