Australian Kookaburra

HoboSyke

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I posted this kookaburra photo a while back in the critque section and didnt get much feedback on it there. SO here is it is in original form and my photoshopped version. Feel free to comment on anything you like/dislike. :thumbup:

Original
Kookaburra.JPG

My edited version with some sharpening and colour balancing and cropping.

kookaedit.JPG

Nice birdie! I love kookaburras! We've got heaps here too which is a good thing!

I like your PS work! and the crop really helps it. you may have done a little too much sharpening... maybe try increasing the radius when you use the Unsharp mask and you may get a nicer look to that beak.

I like the PSed version and I like kookaburras in general. They have such a funny look and make adequate sounds, koooo-ka-huahahahahaaaaa :D.

As to the sharpening: I look away from the original and then think, whoa! So crisp, so clear. Lovely colours too (in the background). I like it. Yessss. :)

I remember this shot. I liked it then, but your edits definitely strengthened it. Very good crop - brings us right up to the little guy. And nothing is overly sharpened, and the colors remain true. :thumbup:

Good job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back