Australian Rules Football photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photoparsec.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are my latest photos, I've been looking back at my photos from the last 6 months, and they are def getting better, using new techinques, settings etc. Please let me know what you think

photo10.jpg

This was an attempt at just lowering the skin colour, not attempted at Sepia, but just a custom colour depletion.

Photo1.jpg

I got this shot by keeping the lens at 300mm, it clips all of the full body shots, but I think its redundant information, leaving focus on the players emotions.

wallpaper.jpg

This was an interesting experimental edit. I saw the photo in colour so I tried to turn it into a B/W but wasn't happy with the result. I then set up a custom colour change. Just took out all of the green, blue, yellow, magenta, and then kept the logos, as I wanted to keep advertising logos prominent in the shot. I then took the red out of the players, to about 83 of 100. I love the shot, but does anyone have any opinions or advice how to improve this shot, or to whether its a pleasing shot.

photo6.jpg

I used the channel mixer for this shot the team is already black and white, so I wanted to keep that in perspective. I love the shot. I use the program the Gimp. For this shot I set up the channel mixer, and had a value of about 110 for red, 99 for green and blue. I tried to fiddle with the image, but the more I fiddled with teh settings I'd either blow out the highlights, or make the image dull and gray. I think the Histogram was fairly well balanced.

unfortunately I'm only using a 70-300 4-5.6 so the shots aren't as good as I'd like, but I've been trying with my action shots to keep the zoom at 300mm, which has resulted in some good shots.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it, I'm not really sure what I'm doing, just trial and error, and from a few magazine articles. I have original images which I can post if someone thinks these photos could be improved.

Most reactions

Back