Australia's Drought

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. I know long time since I posted. I just pop up every now and then. haha...

I am now in my final semester of my diploma of Photography and am gatherine my folio together. (By gathering I mean I have to take about 40 photos and I have only got a couple so far. hahaha!)

So I am just wanting any critique on these photos. Anything you feel I could change/etc... By the way. I know the sky is funny colours. I didn't realise the polarizer would do that at wide angle. and it was too bright to see it on the screen that day (I couldn't actually see much. SO I was sort of shooting without knowing what I was gonna get. lol)

So here goes...

and then I realise i dunno how this forum works. HTML of BBCode?

found it!

CRW_5918.jpg

CRW_5813.jpg

CRW_5797_1_bw.jpg

CRW_5769.jpg

CRW_5743.jpg

and just for fun:
CRW_5682.jpg
(I know its crappy. But it was quickly taken through the car window before he thought to jump on the car. haha

I like #1 the best.

They all seem hazy.

#2 seems like a snap shot to me.
#3 does not seem to offer the detail a black and white should have.
#4 is better than #2 because of the foreground element.
#5 is uninteresting to me.
#6 is cute, but a snapshot, out of focus (I understand the limitations of this one.)

I think these photos have too much blue and brown (sky and ground). I have the same issues when taking shots here in the US with too much blue and green (sky and trees, grass, etc.). I have to go out and try and find the color.

thanks randrx2

Any reason you like #1 the most?

I quite liked the shapes of #2.

#3 - not sure what sort of detail you mean. Would you be able to elaborate on that one at all?

#4 - Fair enough. Not sure which out of 2 or 4 that I would like better.

#5 - Fair enough. That one is more of one of my favourites because of the different colours etc that have come out in the cracked ground.

#6 - yep. Was purely just for fun. (and I just threw it in to show a picture of a kangaroo.)

Hmm. Not sure about "too much" blue and brown because that is what the area is. For the record these photos are of Brisbane's water supply. This is all the water we have left. Just a few years ago that kangaroo would have been well and truly under water and now he has to hop all the way down to where those couple of little black dots are for a drink

Thanks for your critique randrx2. Much appreciated :)

oh I missed the bit about them being hazy. Not exactly sure what you mean by that. Could you clarify?

(sorry for all the questions, but it is my final folio and I want to make any adjustments necessary)

Sorry I haven't got back to you in awhile, I have been gone a while.

By hazy, I mean hazy. When I photograph on a hot summer day, the air is so humid it is hazy. This is what the photgraphs look like to me.

#2 just has the right elements that appeal to me. The sky, the hills the water and the foreground. They all seem to balance each other out.

Typical b&w photos seem to be crisp and show more detail than color. I just don't see it in #3.

As for the blue and brown, it reminds me of the blue and green here. It seems that in the summer, that is the majority of what you see here. To me, the blue and green is boring (because there is so much of it).

ok cool, thanks.

Hmm its winter here at the moment, so definately not hot. However they were about 3pm in the afternoon, so that may account for the haziness... (oh also it was a bit smokey)

With the detail - yeah, not really a lot i can do about that I suppose with my 300D and el-cheapo lenses.. lol...

as for the blue and brown - yeah. Not much I can do about that at the moment, as you can see... we're in drought. LOL that dam is our main water supply... there isn't much around here that doesn't look the same.

That said I am heading off out to one of the islands today to take more photos from out there :)

Once again, thanks for your help :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back