Auto Exposure Bracketing - help

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Kathleen, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Kathleen

Kathleen TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I've been having quite a bit of trouble with getting the right lighting in my photos. I have heard that bracketing allows for 3 shot bursts set at different settings. Is this function availible in the canon rebel? If yes, how do I set it?

2. Sideburns

Sideburns TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Go to menu and go to the second screen...it's called AEB. Just set it to -1 +1 and there you go. 1 stop either way.

Good luck!

3. Kathleen

Kathleen TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks so much. I was just about to post, after a lot of reading I finally figured it out. I can't wait to try it out.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm sure it's in the manual...but also note that if the camera is in 'one shot' mode, you will have to fire it three times. If you have it in 'continuous' shooting mode, you can hold the button down and take three at once.

You don't need to use AEB to bracket. All you really need to do, is change the settings and shoot a few shots. You could shoot one with the meter/needle on the zero. Then use EC (exposure compensation) to change it to -1, take another shot...change it to +1 and take another.
    You can do the same thing in manual mode, by changing either the shutter speed or the aperture.