Auto Photography

Michael.McBee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a great deal on a new Nikon D200 body. I'm planning to do a lot of auto photography. (Car shows and what not). I recently picked up a 50mm 1.8.

What other lens are you using or would you recommend for car photography?

Thanks

Last edited:
i would pick up a wide angle lens also...i do the same thing i love taking pics of cars my next lens with be a wide angle

Yes, a nice wide angle would be great. I have a Sigma 10-20mm and its fantastic. Also maybe a macro lens to get some close up shots of the details on the car. Some car photographers get some fantastic interior shots with these, shots of the cars badges, etc.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm gonna have to start saving some coin for those wide angle lenses? Why are all of my hobbies so expensive?

tokina 11-16 2.8. and something like a 18-55 vr kit lense would be perfect for walking around car shows

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm gonna have to start saving some coin for those wide angle lenses? Why are all of my hobbies so expensive?

Lol you're preaching to the choir. My hobbies are expensive as well. This photography hobby has cost me $4k and now I'm trying to turn it into a business to justify it :)

Most reactions

Back