Auto Shoot: 2004 Subaru STI

I thought shot #1 was the best of all, from a technical and aesthetic perspective. Next-best was shot #10, which had some creative techniques applied that looked intentional,and even though those small orange flags are distracting, shot 10 was somewhat interesting to look at.

The other images had post processing that simply did not work for me--the whites were odd-looking, and your shadow values were very elevated, which is a look I do not like.

Your lenswork is a bit off as well. Angle of view, focal length selection, forced apparent perspective distortion....just not very enjoyable to look at. None of the shots really made me want to own the car, or feel envious of the guy who owns the car--and isn't that really the goal of car shots?

Over all I like the angles. You still have a lot to learn in Photoshop. Always color correct for the whites. #10 IS my favorite but looks like you burned the sky (just a guess) I'd use curves a lot wiser. Good job with all the angles though.

Manaheim great tips. People often take their photos standing as if theyre tourists. If you're really into photography or want to become better, learn how to get involved with your photos more. Be extremely cautious at angles you choose and your composition (similar things, really) don't just point and shoot. SLRs are all about framing.

Most reactions

Back