Automatic adjustment printing company: Do I want it?

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by pmsnel, Jul 6, 2010.

1. pmsnel

pmsnel TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I usually print my photo's using an online application of a store (HEMA for the Dutchies). Last time they offered me a choice. If I wanted to apply there photo optimalisation... It was especially good pictures which were post processed.

But do I want this? I normally don't do much post processing (and not to get into the discussion that I actually do it, but not know it: I have no PS and mostly don't adjust colouring.) What sort of software would they be using on my poor photo's?:( (The people behind the counter obviously could not tell me...)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  2. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Depends on the company. If it is your average cheap lab they'll dedicate a whole autolevels and a 2 second change to check if autolevels made the result worse or not to your photos.

A pro printing company I used one said their service included a detailed look at the colour and colour profiles, and included sending softproofs back for approval of the changes.

3. pmsnel

pmsnel TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Definitely the first type of company...
    I just got some pics back (sadly I can't remember if I used the autocorrection or not) and they looked extremely flat. No definition in the pictures at all...
    I'll just have to hunt for a new printing company.

Thanks Garbz for your explenation!