Automatic ISO

Who cares!

The original poster asked a very simple question (relatively speaking).

Good grief guys... step away from the computer and go photograph something, I know I'm going to!

No, I just read what he said. :lol:

Where did he say he "hadn't thought it through"?

Where he said: "and am far better prepared to select ISO than it is" rather than "and am usually far better prepared to select ISO than it is".

NOYZE said:
step away from the computer and go photograph something

LOL.

Good advice.

I use Auto-ISO setting on a very rare occasion because I do know where it works well, but generally I don't need it and I don't like the result.

So, yes, I'm pretty familiar with it.

There are areas of my camera I haven't really gotten into yet (such as using the AF/ON button instead of having it as a part of the shutter button), but I've explored the whole auto-ISO thing reasonably well at this point.

I missed the remark you quoted from Jerry. I looked over the thread a couple times to honestly try to find where he was inflamatory and missed it. I'm not going to look again, but I wanted to be clear on this point.

I'm only posting this to tie up a couple loose ends.

Has the answer to the posters question even been answered? :lol:

:lol: No kidding. This has to be one of the most ridiculous threads I've seen here in TPF. I have no idea what everyone is arguing about when the process of creating a shot is always different for everybody. It's achieving the end result is what counts anyways. These people are just fighting over details :confused:

I'm mainly just pissed because this whole thread wound up making Jerry decide to quit TPF. I'm sure some people think that's just awesome... but I don't.

I'm mainly just pissed because this whole thread wound up making Jerry decide to quit TPF. I'm sure some people think that's just awesome... but I don't.

??? what where did he say this?
can't find any refrence to it in his post history.

He PMed me about it. That's what clued me in to this thread... he said he had it and was outta here, so I went looking for his last posts and found this thread.

I don't know anymore - I gave up with these threads. Sadly it seems that too many people cannot have a debate without a fight it seems - and then of course come the personal insults and the "I've been in it Xperiod of time and done Xstuff" parts....

gah......

Well I for one do not think it's awesome.

In fact I feel very bad about it. :(

Jerry is obviously a very good photographer who is very knowledgeable and gives out a great deal of excellent advice and as such is a great asset to these forums.

There are a couple of things about his posting style that irritate me (as I dare say things about my style irritate others) but if he, after due reflection, changes his mind I will be pleased to see him back and will not mention them again.

See? The internet is srs bzns. *sigh*

He PMed me about it. That's what clued me in to this thread... he said he had it and was outta here, so I went looking for his last posts and found this thread.

This is saddening. :(

I was really looking forward to finding out about that ultra-secret scheme he had going. Ah well, time to fly to Quebec and hunt that man down!

I don't know anymore - I gave up with these threads. Sadly it seems that too many people cannot have a debate without a fight it seems - and then of course come the personal insults and the "I've been in it Xperiod of time and done Xstuff" parts....

gah......

That wouldn't be a debate then. Some take a debate way to far and do everything to get the upper hand, and if that means resorting to personal insults they'll do it (politicians too; how much it's tolerated very much depends on the country, but Canada and the US are pretty bad for this). That's pretty much why I broke out the popcorn; such a blooming silly question sparking so much heat. Yeesh.

Jerry If you can see this...I had the impression that you had thicker skin then that. Don't let ASCII code generated words get to you. You may rub people the wrong way but I think you're more of an asset to this forum then others described.

Jerry - come back, the world is full of *ss holes with no people skills. Some don't get that they can be honest, helpful and interactive without being brutal, sarcastic, hateful sounding or acting like they are the right hand of God.

Take a break and catch your breath, then return. You are valued.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back