Automatically cropping via an action?

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Antithesis, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Antithesis

Antithesis No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I need to set up an action that crops and then resizes an image. I would like for it to just happen automatically and grab the center of the image as a square for the thumbnail. Is there any way to do this without having to use the marquee or crop tool? Any advice would be fully appreciated.

2. nynfortoo

nynfortoo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Try Image > Canvas Size

edit: Just key in your desired dimensions, and leave the placement arrows alone. It should resize the canvas from the centre; you'll have to click on a prompt to accept that your image will be cropped not resized.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  3. salahaiyiu

salahaiyiu TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I dont know how to do that!but you can try picture resize genius[FONT=&#23435],[/FONT]it can apply resize, compress, watermark, editing, etc. to a folder full of images before uploading to your host.

4. prodigy2k7

prodigy2k7 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    You can create thumbnails with PHP if you know PHP a little... You can download scripts and use them as you please. I personally use ZenPhoto (Complete Photo Gallery) in PHP. This is only helpful of course if you are using thumbnails on a website. I cannot help you with actions, sorry..