Automotive Photo Review (GTO)

ccdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ccwheel.com
A professional photographer came to shoot one of our customers cars for a magazine article and these are the outcome. Would like some feedback on what you all think of them.

hppp_1004_01_z+2009_pontiac_g8_01.jpg

hppp_1004_02_z+2009_pontiac_g8_02.jpg

hppp_1004_04_z+2009_pontiac_g8_03.jpg

hppp_1004_07_z+2009_pontiac_g8_04.jpg

hppp_1004_01_z+2009_pontiac_g8_02.jpg

hppp_1004_01_z+2009_pontiac_g8_02.jpg

hppp_1004_01_z+2009_pontiac_g8_03.jpg

hppp_1004_01_z+2009_pontiac_g8_04.jpg

Im hoping that you just thought he was a pro because Im not and Ive taken better car pics than that and so has alot of other people who frequent this website.

Not a huge fan, the lighting is too harsh and it brings out all the minor flaws in the paint/wheels. And I am not sure on the title...thats a G8, not a GTO, and in my personal opinion the smooth curved lines of the SP500 CCW dont flow very well with the very sharp geometric body of the car.

Yea, uneven lighting as well. Im betting bare strobes...probably 2 is all there are. Guy needs some umbrellas. He also pushed the fill light too much in PP and didnt check his WB.

its not a GTO, its a G8, i have the same car in white :p

As was mentioned many times before, it appears that the lighting is too harsh, and many of the highlights are blown out. Especially in the picture of the wheel.

However, it sounds like the photographer was working for a magazine; and if the magazine feels they got what they paid for, then all's well.

Ralph

Sorry for the typo....all the above was exactly what I was thinking. Curious on these that I took in the same location with different cars. No strobes, just the florescent lights in the building, tripod, and a Canon Digital Rebel EoS and a standard 18-55mm kit lens.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

You did a much better job even without "special lighting" equipment. Well done!

yeah those G8 pics are so white washed out!!!1and that golf is gorgeous!

i didnt put much time in it to mess with the wheel itself really any because it has such a high glair..bifference in that washed out looking exposure..

g8.jpg

Still looks better than his photos...

Most reactions

Back