Autum

twgreen3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well with the fall coming up there will be some great Photo ops. I was wondering if anyone had any pointers on shooting the wonderful fall colors. I live in Southern Michigan and the trees are just starting to change. I can't wait to get out there. Thanks for your help

Sorry can't help you out coz we don't have autumn here.

Photos of autumn that spring to mind though are always full of that deep rich red colour, so I'd suggest making sure your lighting is very good and bright and that you use a nice warm and saturated film.

Ooh but lucky us Meysha - we have spring, and that gives us cute fluffy animals..

I saw some ducklings a couple of weeks ago and they just looked like balls of fluff.

I fear one of them has been run over, I keep seeing his "parents" but not him...
(they eat in a median strip of a fairly busy road.)

Where in Michigan? I am in dearborn.

One of my tips for fall is shoot during cloudy days. The autum colors will be very vibrant. When shooting during sunny days, mostly from 11:00am to around 4:00pm, the sun tends to wash out the colors of the leaves.

Use a polarizer to reduce the glare off the foliage, and get increased saturation.

I'll 2nd the polarizer suggestion and suggest shooting in early morning or late evening.

Thanks for the help. By the way Kevin I live in New Boston. Right by Crosswinds Marsh.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back