Autumn at Inspiration Point

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Captured this scene this morning at Letchworth State Park, unofficially dubbed the “grand canyon of the east.” This Park was voted the #1 state park in America recently and for good reason. The leaves are just starting to change, so I’ll be spending a lot of time there over the next 3 weeks. It’s about 45 minutes from my house.

Wide-1-X2.jpg

I was more distracted trying to figure out the super subtle watermark.

Sorry, shared from the gallery on my site where I sell these images.

It’s either that or everyone just steals my photos.. the joys of selling photos online.

It’s either that or everyone just steals my photos.. the joys of selling photos online.
Wow - that's interesting. How do you know they steal your photos, though? I mean how do you find out and don't they just steal small jpegs of your images? What use is it to them?

Wow - that's interesting. How do you know they steal your photos, though? I mean how do you find out and don't they just steal small jpegs of your images? What use is it to them?

I’ve seen my images end up as Facebook cover photos, desktop backgrounds, and even prints without my permission.

If you post a photo online that’s any good, it WILL get stolen. It isn’t a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.

I’ve seen my images end up as Facebook cover photos, desktop backgrounds, and even prints without my permission.

If you post a photo online that’s any good, it WILL get stolen. It isn’t a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.
I don't doubt that images may be stolen. My question was how you found out. You can't be possibly checking all those Facebook pages or people's desktop photos.

I don't doubt that images may be stolen. My question was how you found out. You can't be possibly checking all those Facebook pages or people's desktop photos.

I live in a small town man. I graduated high school in a class of 60 students. We have more cows than people.

I’ve had them stolen by my own Facebook friends and noticed that way. Had one end up on a restaurant’s menu once without my permission.

I’m not saying I know about every one that’s been stolen. And even if I didn’t know about any of them, I’d still watermark my images to protect them.

Also, what difference is it if it’s a small jpeg or a full resolution? Even a small jpeg on my website is 2-3 megapixels.. plenty to print an 8x10 or 11x14 with.

Yup its really distracting, and would not be hard for someone to remove it so i see no point in it being there.

Yup its really distracting, and would not be hard for someone to remove it so i see no point in it being there.

The folks that know how to remove it and the folks that are interested in buying my photos are different people.

I assure you that the average person buying my photos does not know how to remove a watermark.

Do you sell prints online?

A tineye search will help find copies that are online. I use it on another site to catch people posting stock images as their own.

Beautiful colors. We mostly get yellow around here, with aspens being the majority of the deciduous local trees. I love seeing all the orange-reds!

Nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back