Autumn Display - C&C Welcome

danok1212

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A bit of a cliche for this time of year, but I saw it while I was driving by, and decided to take a few shots. I'll probably go back this afternoon (better light, I hope) or this weekend.

3010811286_46bf09e53e_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nyc_wedding/3010811286/

-Dan Kennedy

Honestly, I think it's kind of an uninteresting subject and the framing isn't that interesting. I think with some more interesting angles that you could bring out some of the more interesting details... but I think the way it is, it just doesn't quite work.

BTW, it's also kind of weird in that it isn't centered, but it's not really framed in a way that works off-center either. I think if you did some aggressive cropping that would help.

Thanks again for the feedback. I'll see what I can do to get better angles w/o getting run over.

Interesting image - I wonder about this crop & correction?
3010811286_46bf09e53e_b.jpg

Chris, that looks better...what edits did you do? I'm still trying to figure out digital editing, etc.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan, I think the cropping on the 1/3rd is the most important one as it leads the eye into the image - then I used Lab to curve, but just doing AutoLevels + Brightness/Contrast + Hue/Saturation would get you there.
If you have Photoshop, then I have some actions on my web site that may help
All the best

Yes indeed Dan - I particularly like the first one - composition and tonal adjustments are spot on
Well done

Yes. The new ones ARE better. You had much better light so the colours pop a lot more (in the un-post-processed, original file, too, I would assume), and you chose some nicer angles. Well done! :D Some people really like to decorate both their homes and gardens and entrances to their properties very much, don't they?

you should focus on your subject of this picture..

Thanks for the kind words and the help. The light was better, and it really helped the colors.

jv17 - I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that parts of the pix are out of focus (that should be in focus), or are you suggesting different compositions?

Thanks,
Dan Kennedy

Most reactions

Back