Autumn Dreams

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
autumndreams_8881.jpg

Yes, this is a very dreamy version of this copse of aspens here. Well done. Would you like to share your secret about this one? (I can't seem to find anything that gives me this soft glow in PS 6.0... I have been looking for it high and low...).

Very nice and dreamy. What focal length did you used here?

cumi said:
Very nice and dreamy. What focal length did you used here?

exif says 38mm, and shooting with a 20D so 38mm X 1.6x = 61mm?

LaFoto said:
Yes, this is a very dreamy version of this copse of aspens here. Well done. Would you like to share your secret about this one? (I can't seem to find anything that gives me this soft glow in PS 6.0... I have been looking for it high and low...).

not sure exactly (I should take notes I guess). I'm not very good with PS, I just keep tinkering until I get the look i'm after.

Google's Picasa gave me the idea with their "Glow" special effect... but most of this was done in PS Elements.

1. Duplicate Layer.
2. On the bottom layer I apply a Diffuse Glow, then a Gaussian Blur.
3. I adjust the opacity of the top layer until I get the desired effect.

this is a great shot... and you hit the nail on the head with the title.

Oooh very nice fall photo, good job editing.

midget patrol said:
Infriggincredible.

That pretty much says it :)

This is really well done, I love the warmth that this photo exudes. The softening
effect seems to be just the right strength. Very nice.

JTHphoto said:
exif says 38mm, and shooting with a 20D so 38mm X 1.6x = 61mm?

Hm, very interesting. I would have bet on about 300mm, because of the compressed background. Or there are so many trees, that it seems like a "compressed background"...

It seems like it's all been said already, but I wanted to add my voice to the chorus of "yaaay" sayers. It's a beautiful shot - I really really like it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back