Autumn in the night

kalgra

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I decided to try something a little different (at least for me) on this one. It was a good exercise is PS. I know its way over the top and completely unbelievable but then again these types of images usually are.

I tried to go as realistic as possible given the context which is completely unrealistic. I'm always fascinated by those landscape photos which you know are not remotely real but somehow seem natural. Anyway I know I didn't achieve that with this image but was fun all the same. lol

This is a two frame vertical pano. Foreground was shot in the morning around 10AM while there was some nice little misty clouds hovering in the mountains and some nice sunlight peeking through the clouds illuminating the aspens. The milky way was shot in the same position at 9:00PM. I had a few stray clouds that kind of muddied up the sky a bit. I did my best to clean it up as much as I could. The moon was from several nights prior.

Autumn in the night by Kristian Algra, on Flickr

Completely realistic. I've never been to Aspen ( did you say Aspen?) and have a overactive imagination. Why not.

Completely realistic. I've never been to Aspen ( did you say Aspen?) and have a overactive imagination. Why not.

Thanks! I think its the moon that is not really working. I actually liked it better when I left the stars filling the shadow side of the moon but I just couldn't bring myself to allow the stars to be in what technically is the front of the moon. Perhaps there is a different way I could have done it. Any PS gurus have any tips in that regard?

I'll sit on it for awhile but in the end I might just take the moon out. For the most part I wanted something might appear as the light source on the foreground.

I think its great, I also tried shooting the milky way for the first time on Thursday night. I've looked on your flickr at your other milky way shots and that's the look I was trying to achieve with my processing in LR, can I ask how you processed this image?

I think its great, I also tried shooting the milky way for the first time on Thursday night. I've looked on your flickr at your other milky way shots and that's the look I was trying to achieve with my processing in LR, can I ask how you processed this image?

Thanks!

A lot of post processing went into this one. Too much really for me to explain in any meaningful way. In short it was all processed in Camera Raw/ Phostoshop CC using a multitude of layers and various luminosity masks and dodge and burn tools.

As for Milky way processing I'm still very inexperienced with it myself and seem to learn something new each time. Most of my milkyway processing techniques I got from Ian Norman's website lonely speck. I'm not sue if i'm allowed to link to his site here but its easy enough to find with a google search.

Neat composite - very creative. It's your art and I like it and I really don't care how you got to the final image. The end product is what's important. Personally, I would leave the moon in it. :thumbyo: :thumbyo: :thumbyo:

WesternGuy

Last edited:
It is a rather cool image!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks!

A lot of post processing went into this one. Too much really for me to explain in any meaningful way. In short it was all processed in Camera Raw/ Phostoshop CC using a multitude of layers and various luminosity masks and dodge and burn tools.

As for Milky way processing I'm still very inexperienced with it myself and seem to learn something new each time. Most of my milkyway processing techniques I got from Ian Norman's website lonely speck. I'm not sue if i'm allowed to link to his site here but its easy enough to find with a google search.

Thanks I'll check him out!

Stunning work! I love the unusual crop. Its fantastic.

Beautiful creation, you're not trying to mislead anyone with what it is or isn't, in the end you've got a stunning image (along with skills I'm rather envious of).

Awesome!!!

Cheers,

Enezdez

Most reactions

New Topics

Back