Autumn Rose - C&C Welcome

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I looked out yesterday morning and saw this single spot of brilliant pinkish red sticking out at me from the general browns and dull greens of autumn here in New England. (the reds and yellows are kind of just past us now for the most part, certainly in my town.)

Sure enough, it was one random rose growing for who knows what reason, so I dashed out with the 50mm and took a crack at it. Any thoughts welcome, bad or good.

AutumnRose.jpg

hmm... 38 views and no comments. So, either bad or boring? But which? Both? :)

Great shot, color and clarity! Awesome bokeh! :thumbsup:

I'll go reshoot it!

Oh wait...

...it's dead!

:lol:

Thanks for the comments, all.

I seem to remember that some time ago you mentioned that flower photography bothered you to death. Glad to see you're coming around :)

I agree with tirediron's comment, by the way. I like the flower itself (even with its imperfections), the lighting, the colour, the comp and the DOF.

I seem to remember that some time ago you mentioned that flower photography bothered you to death. Glad to see you're coming around :)

I agree with tirediron's comment, by the way. I like the flower itself (even with its imperfections), the lighting, the colour, the comp and the DOF.

bored me to death, actually... :lol: I still feel that way, too. But hey... it was an oddity, so I took it. What I probably should have done is figured out some way to catch the oddity of the fact that the flower was even blooming so late, but I couldn't quite figure out a good way to capture that because all the foliage directly behind it was green... so it might just as well have been spring. Stupid fall. :lol:

Thanks for the compliments on the lighting and such. I do agree that the big white spots are a little odd... different angle might have worked to correct that, but I overall liked this particular angle on the flower best.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back