Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
Just a quick and not entirely important missive...

Have the avatar controls changed lately? I've seen a lot of newbies who have dodgy looking avatars, is this due to incorrect resizing, or is there a new resize routine on the avatar page which makes them look like it?

Rob
p.s. Told you it wasn't important!

i think they're probably not sizing to the max 100x100 pixels :D

I don't think anything has changed as far as I know, though I wondered myself. The last avatar I uploaded (this one seems fine, quality wise) would lose a lot of quality when I uploaded and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. But since this one is fine I just thought it was something goofy with that pic.

Chase said:
No changes have been made in terms of settings...not sure what the deal is.

Just digital image issues then! Oh well, perhaps it's time for a "how to make a nice avatar" thread! :lol:

Something MUST have changed, for when Sabine joined, she went through the steps to upload a photo as her avatar that she didn't downsize to the desired maximum 100x100 pixels, and when formerly there'd only be a note that the avatar was too large, her photo did show all right, but in a horrible way. So I said, hang on, delete this, let's downsize that photo first and then load it, and voilà! there was her avatar looking GOOD. So somehow the system today downsizes avatar pics even when large photos arrive, only do they then look horrible.

Yeah, this must be the case as I remember it used to say "this is too big" or somesuch thing. Now, looking at say Bace's avatar, it just resizes it... really badly!

Rob

Most reactions

Back