www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Live Oaks, Savannah, Georgia

p939241709-4.jpg

Nikon D800, Nikon 70-200 VRII

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Very nice shot. I am wondering if there are ever any vehicles or people on this street an , if so, how did you get it so clean - just curious.

WesternGuy

Super shot. It seems I have seen this before. Is it a common photographed scene?

Very nice shot. I am wondering if there are ever any vehicles or people on this street an , if so, how did you get it so clean - just curious.

WesternGuy
Thank you...this is an entrance avenue at the Wormsloe Historic Site in Savannah, Georgia. There's some traffic, but not a lot of traffic as one must pay the $10 entrance fee before advancing on this road. In any event, it still took some patience to wait until the scene cleared. People keep stopping on this road...usually to take pictures.

Glenn

Super shot. It seems I have seen this before. Is it a common photographed scene?
Thank you...it seems that this is an iconic shot. Everyone who sees this shot tells me it reminds them of a scene from Forrest Gump--maybe he ran down this road?

Glenn

WesternGuy
Thank you...this is an entrance avenue at the Wormsloe Historic Site in Savannah, Georgia. There's some traffic, but not a lot of traffic as one must pay the $10 entrance fee before advancing on this road. In any event, it still took some patience to wait until the scene cleared. People keep stopping on this road...usually to take pictures.

Glenn
Thanks, that explains a lot. I Googled it and it looks like it would be an interesting spot to visit, should I make to Georgia some day.

WesternGuy

Beautiful!

How did you shoot it? Is this an HDR? Or where you able to pull up the shadows from a single shot?

Beautiful!

How did you shoot it? Is this an HDR? Or where you able to pull up the shadows from a single shot?
Thanks Sylon! I blended three exposures to create this photograph. The multiple exposures helped me to better control the shadows and highlight without pushing the file too far. I used layers and luminosity masks in Photoshop to do the blending.

Glenn

Does that photoshop process work better than the Lightroom 'merge to HDR'?

Does that photoshop process work better than the Lightroom 'merge to HDR'?
I use the Lightroom Merge to HDR the vast majority of the time--at least as a starting point. Lately, I've been using the luminosity masking in Photoshop is some situations for a few reasons. In this case, the trees are moving in the wind--so by using luminosity masking I can precisely target the areas within the frame rather than hope that Lightroom will align all those moving parts.

Secondly, I'm using luminosity masks more as a matter of practice. It's a skill that I only learned recently--so the more practice I can get the better.

Glenn

Thanks, good to know there is an alternative if i ever run in to difficulties.

Most reactions

Back