B-17G Flying Fortress

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The B-17G had visited the Kankakee Airport today along with a B24 & a B-25J. Clark Kent (Brandon) & I saw them fly over our homes & went to check them out & I took the following photos. I couldn't get a frontal shot of the plane because the area was roped off, so I took one of the back instead (got what I could get). Not much room inside for tall persons or ones who are a little on the hefty side. But I took a few of the inside to give you a little idea of what it was like. C/C welcome!

#1 B-17G Flying Fortress

B-17G-Flying-Fortress-142.jpg

#2 Cockpit of the B-17G

B-17G-cockpit-196.jpg

#3 Belly Gun Turrent

B-17G-gun-turrent-belly-2.jpg

#4 Brandon (Clark Kent) entering the Bomb Bay Hangar

B-17G-entrance-to-bomb-bay-.jpg

#5 50 Cal.

B-17G-50-Cal-Gun-Position.jpg

Wow, great captures and series. I remember that was a tight squezz!!

I hate you both!!! :lol:

the cockpit gave me goosebumps. it's much bigger/more controls, but it reminded me of a DeHav. Beaver. I pretty much grew up in one.
great shots.

Thanks for the comments! Lostprophet I appreciate you (thanks!). It was exciting to get to look at the planes up close and to actually go inside. It really makes a person grateful for our servicemen who had to fly in these planes. I went back today (25th of July) and took photos of the planes leaving. Will be posting those later tonight. Again, thanks!

These are great captures. Thank you for sharing. A fine piece of history.

Thanks, Scooter! You're right, a lot of history sitting there on the runway and I'm glad Brandon & I were able to see a little bit of it! It makes me more appreciative of the freedoms I have!

Most reactions

Back