B&H ordering/verification/shipping?

What happens and what shows on the scan are two different things. I got a product from FedEx (deliverable before noon) at 9.15 AM, at it never showed up on the site until much later in the afternoon as 11.20 AM. Go figure.

Hmm...well oh well. I'm not gonna complain yet.
It says estimated time of arrival is tomorrow before noon. Too bad I won't be home until 5 :( Stupid college...lol

Well, it got here on time! Couldn't be happier. Though, actually I could...cause I got dinged for 105.90 in taxes...lol. They actually charged me 12.50 or something in duty, but photography equipment is supposed to be duty free. I didn't have the patience to deal with it.

Glad you go it. B&H is my go/to source for anything photographic, and I have never had a complaint. OTOH, just had my first negitive experience with Adorama. Shipped me someone else's order and took a week to straighten out. But still got what I ordered.

Glad everything worked out for you. I have ordered stuff from different places, and many times have gotten the item before the web sites had anything updated.

:( Well, it should be here in the morning...so as long as it's here when I get back from college I'll be fine.

He lied to me though the B+H guy...said it was sent at 11 in the morning...it wasn't picked up till 12:45. An hour after I talked to him...lmfao.

No one here lied to you or to anyone. The guy here looks at a computer screen which tells him the date and time we affixed the UPS package label (with UPS package tracking #) to the parcel and placed it in the locked UPS bin on our loading dock. At that point it's been legally handed off to UPS even though it's sitting on our dock and we can see it plainly. The later time UPS reports is when their driver scanned the label's bar code into his hand-held scanner and officially recorded he'd taken physical possession of it.

No one here lied to you or to anyone. The guy here looks at a computer screen which tells him the date and time we affixed the UPS package label (with UPS package tracking #) to the parcel and placed it in the locked UPS bin on our loading dock. At that point it's been legally handed off to UPS even though it's sitting on our dock and we can see it plainly. The later time UPS reports is when their driver scanned the label's bar code into his hand-held scanner and officially recorded he'd taken physical possession of it.

Isn't technology great! The more advanced we get, and the faster life is, the more we expect and the more we are disappointed. What did we do before tracking? We got it when we got it and were dang happy to have received it. :lol:

Well, it got here on time! Couldn't be happier. Though, actually I could...cause I got dinged for 105.90 in taxes...lol. They actually charged me 12.50 or something in duty, but photography equipment is supposed to be duty free. I didn't have the patience to deal with it.

How much would you of saved by shipping it to the states just out of curiosity?

I did the rush order from B&H a while ago for my tripod and they had it out that day (I ordered in the morning) but then there was a snow storm that closed a lot of airports so I didn't get it. It sucked.

Glad to read you got it! :) My camera just arrived too! :D

Most reactions

Back