DigiJay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.naturalstudios.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone in Canada ordered from B&H?
I might order a flash tomorrow, but I'm wondering if it will work out cheaper to buy it at Henry's down the street or on B&H.
The list price on B&H is $180
Henry's is $270.

I guess what I'm looking to know is.. will I get dinged with duty charges when UPS drops it off?

you'll get charged GST. I just ordered a flash from em...the 430EX.

I've ordered from them twice...both orders expensive...and they don't really make a big fuss of it. Just pay the GST and that's it. Still cheaper than Henry's...

There is another site I have ordered from a few times thats based in Ontario. The 430EX there is 290 with a 20$ mail in rebate. LINK

Don't order through UPS, they charge you brokerage fees through the nose. US Postal Service is better, then it's just duty & tax.

Don't order through UPS, they charge you brokerage fees through the nose. US Postal Service is better, then it's just duty & tax.

I only got charged GST from them...and I hate UPS lol.

But ya...USPS is a hit or miss thing. Sometimes you pay extra duty...sometimes you don't. Either way you'll pay abou the same.

I'm thinking is might be worth it to pay the difference and stop in at henry's...
at least that way I won't have to wait til next week. I can start playing right away

I've ordered plenty of stuff from B&H...no problems at all. :thumbup:

I'm not sure you can order USPS from there, although I would if I could. I think I used UPS Expedited. There is a brokerage fee on top of the GST but it shouldn't be too much.

I do sometimes buy from my local shop, which will price match other stores in Canada...but the prices are still a lot cheaper at B&H. Although, some prices have been dropping here lately.

From looking at the Henry's site...their prices look pretty high. I would at least ask if they will price match or at least give you a deal.

I have a friend that works at Henry's.. he's checking into it, and hopefully I'll get a sweet deal. If not, I'll be ordering B&H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back