TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im tryin!

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

Very nice and if it were easy everyone would be doing it. Would take the fun out of it

Of course you are right. Seems like the sun can ruin a B&W shot a lot easier than a color. It has a way of washing out the neutrals. Maybe Ill hit that church this afternoon. Thanks Mysteryscribe.

Nice shots. Are you shooting film or doing a conversion? I love BW

It could do with a little more contrast imo. I don't think there are any true whites in the first two.

What program are you using for post processing? If you are using photoshop, if you have a look at the levels in image>adjustments>levels you can see that the graph drops drops before reaching the far right which is the bright whites. If you yank that little arrow on the far right a bit to the left it should fix it up for you.

76998267iv5.jpg

^^ Thanks for the Tip. That was my favorite of the day. I plan on hitting those trash cans again though.

When you go back to take photos of the trash can, try to avoid taking them at the normal standing height. Show me an angle I don't see every time I walk by a trash can. I like the second one, and think it may benefit from a more dramatic angle on the lettering, focusing less on the light fixture. The third one is okay, but I think the lighting and crosswalk hurt the image.

As always, don't read too much into anyone's opinion online, and take it all with a grain of salt. I feel like I need to say that here more than anywhere else...

When you go back to take photos of the trash can, try to avoid taking them at the normal standing height. Show me an angle I don't see every time I walk by a trash can. I like the second one, and think it may benefit from a more dramatic angle on the lettering, focusing less on the light fixture. The third one is okay, but I think the lighting and crosswalk hurt the image.

As always, don't read too much into anyone's opinion online, and take it all with a grain of salt. I feel like I need to say that here more than anywhere else...

Well thats a disclaimer you can leave out of your responses to my posts. Im here to learn, ANY feedback helps, Thanks

I dropped the gamma on this making darker nothing more... With a slightly darker image you can get a little more drama. Lighter usually mean bright airy and a happy subject. Well that isn't true always but mostly. It is easier to control the mood of your photos in black and white.

6d0g3ed.jpg

^^ I see what you mean. Point well taken, looks better.

good to see this B&W forum filling up and being well accepted :)

With the second one it is the composition which bothers me ... will play with it

I know heavy editing only reflects the taste of the person doping it, so do not take my edit too serious! Here we go:

edit_0197.jpg

added contrast and darkened a bit. well and some rotation and cropping as you can see.

Ya cropped off the bottom of the signs shadows not good... I took it down rotated it -6 degrees cropped it for the shadows and cloned in the edges to fill the crop looked pretty good, but then in all my stupidity I lost it.

you are right here .... about the shadows, but that was because I could not save them anyway due to the rotation and change of format.

I was to lazy to clone for the edges, then it might have worked.

a pity you lost your edit as you were less lazy here ...

Most reactions

Back