B&W and Color Film

I'm am pretty new to photography and I kinda feel that I'm not ready for developing film by myself, so my question is...if you develop the B&W film at home, is it better quality than having it been developed at a film developer? (Like Wal-Mart)

It depends a lot on how well it is done at home.

You should be able to develop B&W film as well as, or better than, a commercial lab.

Are you thinking of using traditional (silver image) B&W or chromogenic (dye image, C-41, like XP-2 and BW400CN) B&W? If you choose chromogenic B&W then you may as well get it developed at a lab - but as I suggested you may as well use colour film if you are post-processing digitally (and save money by doing so).

Best,
Helen

I'm am pretty new to photography and I kinda feel that I'm not ready for developing film by myself, so my question is...if you develop the B&W film at home, is it better quality than having it been developed at a film developer? (Like Wal-Mart)

You could look to attend a BW photography cource, you already have the camera requirementmet. That is never a bad idea, they will teach you that and more.

You could look to attend a BW photography cource, you already have the camera requirementmet. That is never a bad idea, they will teach you that and more.
Ok, that sounds cool! Where might I find one of these courses? What should I Google?

Ok, that sounds cool! Where might I find one of these courses? What should I Google?

Um if you really want to try google..."Black and White photography course" Yields plentiful hits. However I would advise checking around your nearest Colledges and Open VoTech schools first, Ask them if they have the course. Find one as close to you as possible so you can actually be there for hands on training, this is not something you can just learn on the internet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back