B&W baby girl

aussiemummy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi, this is my first post as a new member. I've been looking around for a few days and decided to show some of my stuff.

let me know what you think. This is my 9 month old daughter Charlee. I used natural light, and a home made reflector.

fistambercon.jpg

ambercon3BW.jpg

thanks for looking

Love the first one. But the depth of focus is so shallow on the second one that the right eye is in focus but the left isn't. With portrature the eyes are the key feature.
Very young children are hard to photograph as they move so fast - you're doing well with these, and practice, as they say, makes perfect.

I really like the first one as well. Very sweet expression! I look forward to seeing more of your work, welcome to TPF!

i have been photographing for about 4 years. i still have a standard SLR (Pentax MZ50), but i have just started my own childrens portrait busness, so hopefully the profits from that will go towards up grading to a digital camera. I actually have my first paid shoot today. i will post some of the pics here when i am done to get some comments.
thanks for taking a look.

Great! Congrats as well on your first paid SHOOT, must be so exciting for you. Let us know how you go and definitely post some pics on here for us !

Good luck for today, and try not to be nervous. I remember saying that to myself when I had my first shoot and I couldnt sleep the night before. I was so nervous when the day came but it all went smoothly. But just have fun and go with the flow.

the first shoot went really well. i had 4 kids under 3 running around, so it was quite a challenge to get them to sit still enough to focus and shoot. i get the photos back this afternoon, so i will put some of the good ones up for you all to have a bit of a look at.
i cant wait to see them... i'm so nervous... i hope i got some good ones.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back